Ice festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice festival

Just had these pics forwarded to me in my email. I think they are incredible - taken at the Ice festival in Fairbanks, Alaska.
    Attached Files
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

WOW, that even looks cold!!
    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

All I can say is WOW! (And I'm glad we living in Florida)

EarlinJax

Comment

I'm going to go one better and say double wow. Those are incredible. I think Fairbanks has to be one inhospitable place. I understand in the winter you can actually hear the ice freeze harder. In the summer it can get to 100 degrees F. And I thought Minnesota had extremes.

Thank you very much for sharing those photos. Alaska has always intrigued me.
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Mike - or anyone else who might be interested - there are some more pics here http://www.icealaska.com/sculptures.html - pre-2001 links appear not to work though.

The festival is held in March - I guess it's probably quite cool there then . Those sculptures must be even more awesome in real life though - I'd love to visit.
          Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• planeur
            My puffin coming home....
            by planeur
            My first creation in intarsia , with a gift from my sister of that little puffin in stained glass. After couple of tests , I created this frame , as in my blue heron, and put the puffin leaving the water and waves, between rocks and with a look to his smiling rock mounster, on a beautiful sunset....
            Today, 11:16 AM
          • vgraf
            Reply to What do you think?
            by vgraf
            I have a VacuFlo system for my house. It might have enough suction for a small table saw but not for the large cabinet makers saw like you have.

Like the others have said, your Walvac might work fine for smaller tools, especially for a hand sander.

The VacuFlo actually uses...
            Today, 02:20 AM
          • vgraf
            Reply to My lucky day!
            by vgraf
            I got my second shot last week here at the Eisenhower Med Center in Palm Springs. I am 82 and in their system and was contacted by them to come in for my first shot. At the completion of that shot I was given my appt. for the second shot.
            Like yours Rolf they were really organized both times....
            Today, 01:56 AM
          • dgman
            Reply to Another Mid-Michigan Scroller
            by dgman
            Great looking work Jeff! Welcome to the forum from Southern California!
            Yesterday, 11:57 PM
          • dgman
            Reply to My lucky day!
            by dgman
            My wife and I got our second shot two weeks ago, we’re done!
            Yesterday, 11:50 PM
          Working...
          X