Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Cool Video on Design Steps (not scroll saw specific)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Cool Video on Design Steps (not scroll saw specific)

A few weeks (Months?) ago, there was a thread about using Wacom pen tablets with design software instead of using a mouse. I continue to search for hints on how I can get my tablet pen to come up to the praise that others expressed.

In that search, I came across the following link today. It demonstrates the use of CorelDraw Graphic Suite in general graphic design while using a Wacom pen tablet.
    http://www.advancedartist.com/video/mustangproject.html

Video is about 20 to 30 minutes long. I give it a 4 star rating ****

CorelDraw and it's competitor, Adobe Illustrator are mid to high end ($$$) programs for vector graphic design.

Aside: You may need some knowledge on CorelDraw from Rich Hutchenson's "Corel Draw 9 Tips" at http://www.scrollsaws.com/ in order to fully understand what the artist is doing between Vector Graphic or Bitmap drawings.

Phil

That is a really good reference Phil.
    That is something like I used to do with my mouse. But I got very frustrated.
    The tutorial is really easy to understand. Thanks for posting it!
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
      Reply to Another Mid-Michigan Scroller
      by Sandy Oaks
      Welcome to the forum from TN. The bowls and basket are beautiful. Bowls are fun to make, I especially like making bowls from Carole Rothman's books.
      Today, 03:00 PM
    • planeur
      Reply to The St-Nicolas sheriff
      by planeur
      Thanks a lot Jim for your support and advises.
      as I said I like more and more that scrollsaw hobbies.
      I will show you a another one soon, a creation, my first one!

planeur
      Today, 02:28 PM
    • DaveVanEss
      U Just bought another year of Scrollmania
      by DaveVanEss
      I got my notice and and I paid for another year. This year I had to make the following change.

Fix a 10 year old bug that didn't allow Scrollmania to move to different machines.
      Rewrite the Load and Save functions so they no longer require flash. You apple users will like it.
      Today, 02:06 PM
    • jim_mex
      Reply to FInished Product
      by jim_mex
      Hi Tony - I built a wedgie sledge pretty much immediately after you first mentioned it. It worked fine within the capabilities of my homebuilt table saw but I quickly realized that to get the best out of it I needed a new saw, hence my recent acquisition.

The videos are also on Jerry Bennet's...
      Today, 01:15 PM
    • jim_mex
      Reply to The St-Nicolas sheriff
      by jim_mex
      Hi planeur - thanks for the reply.

Just to be clear. I wasn't suggesting that you change your original sheriff, rather that you apply some of the ideas for future projects. Nevertheless you can see the difference in the modified version

I can definitely see in your Heron that...
      Today, 01:07 PM
    Working...
    X