how hot is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how hot is it

IT'S SO HOT in Nebraska .....the birds have to use potholders to pull the worms out of the ground.

.....the trees are whistling for the dogs.

.....the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance

.....hot water comes from both taps.

.....you can make sun tea instantly.

.....you learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.

.....the temperature drops below 90 F and you feel a little chilly.

.....you discover that in June it only takes two fingers to steer your car.

.....you discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.

.....you actually burn your hand opening the car door.

.....you break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 A.M.

.....your biggest motorcycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death"?

.....you realize that asphalt has a liquid stage.

.....the potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter.

.....the cows are giving evaporated milk.

.....farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.

IT'S SO DRY in Nebraska that the Baptists are starting to baptize by sprinkling

You could send some of that weather over here to the UK Croaker. Summer just hasn't bothered to turn up here. We've had more than 4 times the annual rainfall in some areas with widespread flooding. The temperature has seldom been over the 20 centigrade mark and slugs and snails have taken over the gardens. We are packing the kids off to school in coats and warm underwear, "IN JULY!!!" On the plus side it means I have had plenty of shop time so I have got a lot done. The weather men say there may be an improvement next week. Yea, I heard that before.
    Mick
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

It is so hot in Wisconsin...
      You can fry an egg on the dashboard of the car within 2.2 seconds.

Actually a cool front went through yesterday afternoon. When I was driving home from work, the car temp was 106F. By the time I was done cooking supper, it was 77. It feels good to turn off the air & open the windows.

Hey Mick - please send the rain this way. We are losing all of the farmers crops, which will result in higher food cost, higher gas cost, etc.
      www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

there are one benefit to this heat wave , swimming pools

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
          Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
          by cwmagee
          Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
          Today, 03:36 PM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by Sandy Oaks
          So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
          Today, 02:56 PM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by NC Scroller
          I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
          Today, 11:24 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Big week here
          by NC Scroller
          Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
          Today, 11:18 AM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
          by jim_mex
          Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
          Today, 09:17 AM
        Working...
        X