Any music fanatics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any music fanatics

I know a lot of us have music playing while we are working in our shops. But is anyone really serious about their music? Where you have a nice stereo system and a perfectly located listening chair.
    I had back surgery 3 weeks ago and recovery is going well. Part of my recovery has been afternoon listening sessions, it breaks up the day nice. Every day from 4pm-5:30pm I escape to my man cave and enjoy. You have to clear your mind and just listen to the music. It is a hard thing to do for some people. At times you catch yourself thinking of things you should be doing but then you clear it back out and escape with the music.
    When I am working full time plus working in the shop and all the rest of the stuff we need to get done it's hard to do this. But on the weekend one of the days I set at least 1 hour aside to do this. It is part of my stress relief program.

What do you listen to?
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

I have a huge variety of music. My favorite is progressive rock. But I also like some new age stuff. Older rock and heavy metal are always in the rotation.
      If I had to pick a favorite it would be Pink Floyd. With Steve Vai coming in a close 2nd.
      About the only music I won't listen to is Rap.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dottyblues
        Reply to Pattern Vault
        by dottyblues
        Thank you everyone especially KarlB for finding the pattern.
        Today, 12:20 AM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by Linda In Phoenix
        So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
        I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
        In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
        I also added the...
        Yesterday, 10:49 PM
      • will8989
        Supermax
        by will8989
        Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
        Yesterday, 10:31 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Help help
        by will8989
        Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
        Yesterday, 10:11 PM
      • KarlB
        Reply to Pattern Vault
        by KarlB
        Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
        Yesterday, 10:05 PM
      Working...
      X