Whoopee! - the forum is back to normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoopee! - the forum is back to normal

After over a week with no more glitches on the forum slowing the navigation and general use of the forum I just want to say thank you to the tekkies behind the scene who have sorted out the problems the forum has been having the past few weeks..

It's easy for us users to complain when things don't seem to be working as they do and to take for granted the running of the forum when things are working as they should but its also nice to remember that there are folks behind the scene who are responsible for the running of the forum and they often do unseen work without any praise. So, here's to all concerned in sorting the problems out.

Thanks!
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

I STILL HAVE PROBLEMS both with login and with the magazine pop-ups.......sometimes takes 3-4 attempts before i connect without any more problems...have deleted cookies and tried various work arrounds but never find out if they worked till the next day at login time..(so far nothings helped..) will live with it i guess.................am sometimes pressed for time in the am and don't always have enough time to read all the posts because of this.

Comment

Thanks indeed to the computer guru's for making our time here more enjoyable.
      thank you bow.gif thank you bow.gif thank you bow.gif
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

I tried posting pictures yesterday and got the double log in problem again Jim so don't celebrate to early.

I think I might have found something with the magazine pop up. If you go to scrollsawer.com and try to enter the forum through that screen you get the pop up but if you go to scrollsawer.com/forum I don't get the pop up.

I know Bob says the IT guys are working on it so keep posting problems until everything is back to normal. The more info we provide should help narrow down the problems.
        To the IT guys you do deserve a great big Thanks for everything you have done so far.
        Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

I know that much of the problems I have come from the connection, so I don't know what to say. But one thing is obvious, and that have to do with the line containing "Share thread:". It has to be completed before I can even start scrolling the thread.. Not a big problem, but sometimes rather annoying.

Else I have to second what is said of tekkies working behind the scene. Without them, no forum!
          Ivar ("treslakter" - read as "woodbutcher")

The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time. (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Comment

I may not understand what you said but I am glad that someone know how-to-fix this AMZ

Comment

Sorry to hear that some of you folks are still having problems.
              Since I'd posted a few comments about problems earlier I just thought that it was fitting to also let the tekkies know when my problems seem to have been sorted out.
              In between the occasional rain clouds I guess the sun must be shining more on me south of the border than on some of you other folks!

Hang in there eh!
              Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
              - Albert Einstein

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                by meflick
                got mine in the mail today. Thanks.Cute and befitting. Now I need to know how it’s made/what it’s made from. (On everyone gets theirs of course.)...
                Yesterday, 08:21 PM
              • Jo Labre
                Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
                by Jo Labre
                At the time I thought "Ah, spit!" (or words like that) and just threw the blade in the garbage. It was the #5 size blade. I suspect it would cost more to have it done than the cost of a new blade. The owners manual is not very helpful, the wording is awkward, having been 'translated' into...
                Yesterday, 11:13 AM
              • hotshot
                by hotshot
                The brazing process doesn't look too bad. I have seen the welders built into the industrial bandsaws, so out of curiosity, I looked that up and that process is pretty cool to watch also, though trying that on something this small would probably light the whole thing up....
                Yesterday, 10:14 AM
              • Rolf
                by Rolf
                Jo, I did a bit of research on the web, and there are lots of videos of people silver soldering broken blades. In hindsight I remember I had made a jig eons ago to do just that, when I still had a small Craftsman bench top three wheeler....
                Yesterday, 09:32 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                by Rolf
                I haven't even decided what to make!
                Yesterday, 09:27 AM
              Working...
              X