Not so good news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so good news

Well, the biopsy for my BIL bladder cancer isn't good. They got the news yesterday. They are all total wrecks, which is to be expected. BUT it is fixable to some point. So my dear sweet niece got in gear this morning and within 2 hours of phone calls, got her father to see the top doctor/surgeon/professor for bladder cancer at Johns Hopkins. His appt is July 2. This is when only the best will do. We took our daughter there for 8 years when she was younger and it is such an amazing place. People travel from around the world to go there, so a 15 minute trip for us isn't anything.

I am so tired of posting not so good news as I am sure you are tired of reading it. But your prayers and wonderful thoughts really do help.

On the upside, I did go into work last week and put in my 6 months leave of absence notice. I told hubby I was done, toasted, finished and needed a break from the last nine years.

And the reno from *ell is almost finished!! Grouting floor tomorrow, trims & doors this week-end and then done!! Boy, will I have a post about that one with dos and don'ts - mostly don'ts!!! LOL And pics also.

John B, good to see you back. I also noticed a post from Placquerd. Healing takes time. Take all the time you need. And if anyone says anything, tell them to kiss off. And welcome back. I do like your poems.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Betty sorry things have been so bad. Will try to keep you guys in my prayers.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Betty your BIL is in my prayers. Things will settle down I am sure. Keep the faith it will make you strong.

DW
      Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
      John Wayne

Comment

I'm sorry to hear your not so happy news. I AM happy to know that you have the best care in the world available for him so close to home and are able to take advantage of it. I know this will help all of the family through this as well as your BIL. Thoughts and prayers from me to your family.

Jan

Comment

Betty
          I wish all the best for your BIL, it looks like he is in good hands. Don't worry about posting "bad" news, that is what friends are for, we are here for you. Take care of yourself, it sounds like you need a break, hard earned and well deserved.
          Dave
          "Tight's tight, too tight's broken"

My Gallery

Comment

Prayers and thoughts are with you all tonight. Lived in Harford County (2001-2007) and know what a cherished resource Hopkins is.
            Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

Betty, your complete family as well as this Dr. will be in our prayers.
              Hawaiilad
              Larry

Comment

Betty, my thoughts are with your family. No cancer is good but some are not as bad as others. My FIL had bladder cancer and had about 10 years of annual snippings before they had to remove his bladder completely. He then lived for another 10 years cheerfully helping people cope with the associated problems of a missing bladder. He was 84 when he finally died of unrelated causes.

george
                A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Prayers for your family sent Betty.......yea, sounds like a 6 month leave will be just the ticket for you. Stress can do a number on ya. Take care.
                  Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news, Betty. He will be in my prayers & all who are involved with the Medical staff. I will be thinking of him & the family as well. Take Care
                    PERK

Comment

My prayers go out to you and your's.
                      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                      No task is too tedious for Art.
                      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Betty, sorry to hear about your latest bad news. You've certainly been on a roller coaster lately, but it sounds like you have things under control, at least as much as is possible.

And a leave sounds like a great idea, if only for the extra breathing room. You know we're all here for you. It may not change anything, but hopefully it gives you some measure of comfort.
                        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. It's been a tough week for everyone. My husband was braced for the bad news but not everyone else. They just thought, no big deal. I think that's what took them by surprise the most. The youngest brother is having a really hard time with the news. There is going to be a cook out tomorrow but I won't be able to go. I booked into a local show at the last minute for Sunday. Do you believe that one? Anyway, I talked to my SIL tonight and she seems better but I know she's just putting on a front. I'll know more tomorrow after hubby gets home. This type of cancer is fixable but the question is how deep it is and just what does the dr mean by deep? And, get this, the doctor told my BIL he "was lucky he saw the small tumors as he has a hard time seeing." Excuse me, but what the hell was he doing the surgery for in the first place? Good thing they got the appt at Hopkins. The surgery will take 7-10 hours and my SIL was worried she would be there alone with the 2 girls. I told her not to worry, from what I am hearing the whole family will be there waiting with her. This whole thing is just so "mind consuming", if you know what I mean. On the other hand, my brother is doing so so. He goes for another test this week to see if they have to implant a defibulator in his chest to keep his heart in rhythm, or something like that. And life goes on, much like the bathroom reno from *ell!! LOL
                          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                            Bruce, the one on probation
                            by will8989
                            is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
                            Today, 12:59 AM
                          • will8989
                            Sundays market
                            by will8989
                            When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
                            Today, 12:46 AM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                            by will8989
                            I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
                            Today, 12:27 AM
                          • jim_mex
                            Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                            by jim_mex
                            Hey Quartz - thats great scrolling and carving work which the LED lighting sets off a treat - or was that a trick?

Love it!
                            Yesterday, 08:47 PM
                          • KarlB
                            Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                            by KarlB
                            Very well done!

Karl
                            Yesterday, 07:36 PM
                          Working...
                          X