When you think it will be quick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you think it will be quick.

I was going to finish up in the shop today, but thought I would plane a few boards quick. There was 7 boards that were 1in thick and I wanted to take them down to 13/16. I got to the last 2 boards that needed one more pass. Next thing I know is way too many shavings flying about. Well the dust collector was full. Which led to a full hose and the chute on the planer is all clogged up. So I had to take the top of the planer off and clean it up. Empty the hose and then the dust collector drum, which is a 55 gallon drum. Then of course clean up the area because those shavings have a tendency to get all over the place. Good thing tomorrow is garbage day to get rid of those large trash bags filled with planer shavings. What should have taken about 30 minutes turned into 90 minutes. Then of course I needed another shower from sweating like crazy from all the extra work. OY

My many many many years on this earth has taught me one very valuable lesson. The only true 5 minute or less job is writing a check to get someone else to do the work.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

The minute the words "It'll only take 5 minutes" pop into your head be prepared for for everything that can go wrong to do so, and don't make any plans for next two hours or so
      Regards
      John
      "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
      Some of my Stuff
      Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• sawdustus
        Reply to compoud cut autumn leaves
        by sawdustus
        Thanks for the info Denny. When I cut acrylic I always use a skip tooth blade at a slower speed. I just did not realize that the epoxy would cut the same way as acrylic so I followed the materials list in the article.
        George
        Today, 12:39 PM
      • sawdustus
        Reply to tooth fairy box
        by sawdustus
        OK folks, picture. I finally figured out how to upload a picture. Here is one each of my version of the oak and cherry boxes. Note the axle peg holding the top in place but allowing it to move.
        George
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Today, 12:34 PM
      • sawdustus
        Reply to compoud cut autumn leaves
        by sawdustus
        OK folks, picture....I finally figured out how to upload a picture. Here are a few of the autumn leaves I cut against the beautiful blue sky we had this morning.
        George
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Today, 12:32 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to What do you make
        by will8989
        Now the work really begins. Total of 14! Guess I forgot about some I previously cut....
        Yesterday, 10:09 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Pegas blades
        by will8989
        Thanks. No hurry I have 2 gross. Hopefully it will as just a few blades.
        Yesterday, 10:03 PM
      Working...
      X