Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plaquerd, show you care

G'day all,
    I haven't posted for a while, but I'll go into that later.
    This post is for a very good mate of mine, Dave, Known as Plaquered to all on the board.

Dave's wife, passed away in October. Not only was she his wife, but his best mate and his reason for being.
    Since Sharon's death, Dave has been really struggling. I have his permission to post this info and would like you all, to take a few minutes to show him some support which I know I really don't have to ask for as this is a great group of people.

Thanks heaps all
    Regards
    John
    "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
    Some of my Stuff
    Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Thinking of you Dave. So sorry to hear of your loss. May you rest in the beautiful memories of the life you had together.
    Tammy

Pressure makes diamonds

Comment

Thanks for the heads up JohnB:
      Been wondering about you Plaquerd (Dave), and really miss your posts here.
      My heartfelt condolences in the loss of your wife.....time will help heal the heartbreak, but in the mean time we are here for ya. I sure hope you don't give up on scrolling, your so good at it.
      Eager to read a post from you, and see a photo of your next project.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

I'm so glad JohnB posted about you and your terrible loss. Know that our prayers, heartfelt sympathy and friendship are here for you. Know also, that you've been missed. It will be good to see your posts and work again.

Jan

Comment

Hi Dave,

Condolences on your loss. Our thoughts and best wishes are with you.

--Rob

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss, Dave. Will be keeping you on my thoughts.
            Fran

Comment

Hi Dave
              My heart is with you while you go through this painful time. I am so sorry!
              DeWalt 788

Comment

Dave,

Like everyone else who has posted, I am so sorry for your terrible loss. I hope the wonderful life you shared, and its memories, will bring you some comfort, and that with time, the sadness will ease.
                Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Dave, my deepest sympathies on the loss of your wife. It is always hard to lose your best friend and companion but I am sure that she would want you to continue your scrolling and to stay in contact with your friends on this site. We are here to help you get back on track.

george
                  A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                  George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Condolences to you Dave. Please come and visit and talk about your feelings. Always helps to have a friend's shoulder to lean on and a good listening ear within range.
                    Diane
                    Dragon
                    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                    Owner of a Dewalt 788
                    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Dave - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss from our good friend John. Words aren't enough in such a situation as you are going through but please take some comfort in the fact that you have a bunch of friends here on the forum who are all wishing that you find the willingness and strength to work your way out of your personal grief. Our hearts go out to you.
                      Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                      - Albert Einstein

Comment

You have our condolences and you are in our prayers.

Dan and Glenda

Comment

You have my condolences and you are in my prayers.
                          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks for the heads up John, I like the rest of you was wondering about Dave. We miss you! I am so sorry to here the reason for your absence, You are in our prayers and thoughts.
                            Rolf
                            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I, like everyone else, will be thinking of you Dave.

Larry

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KarlB
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by KarlB
                                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                                Today, 09:41 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                                by KarlB
                                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                                Today, 09:31 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by will8989
                                Beautiful!...
                                Today, 09:19 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by will8989
                                Bruce said he felt like he needed to look for a job when he first retired. That lasted for about a month and he hasn’t looked back since. I had a friend whose company gave him a 50th party. At the party he told them he was retiring in 2 weeks! Trust us, you will love being retired.
                                Today, 09:09 PM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
                                ingers crossed
                                Today, 07:35 PM
                              Working...
                              X