Nice fathers day gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice fathers day gift

I complained here about my table saw giving up the ghost a couple of weeks ago. The other day my wife called my son without me knowing and asked if he would go in halves on a new one. He said he could do better than that as he had one that he would send me. He bought it a year ago to build a deck then swore off building stuff and it's just been sitting in his garage since. He sent it to me and it arrived yesterday. You should see the pile of sawdust I made.
    It's a 10 inch Ryobi that looks brand new. I think it may be smarter than me as it has a 90 and 45 degree positive stops for quick changes, fence with built in measure, a real working kick back guard and all kinds of things. It's a good one. The wife looked up the retail and it's a couple of hundred bucks she said. I said "I don't care what it cost I'm just happy to have it" and went back to practicing my cutting.
    It's a great Father's Day gift and I just had to brag a little.

Congrats, maybe I shoulda hinted about that Grizzly bandsaw?
    Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

congratulations on the new tool. My shop is just about not quite big enough for a table saw. If I moved the band saw, lathe and scroll saw out it would fit.
      Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
      Desert Woodcrafters
      Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

See children are good.....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to My beauties
          by will8989
          He puts biscuts between the long pieces, is that what you meant? He has stainless screws in the lips then puts the plugs on top of that. Scott, cutting one doesn’t take long. It’s the removing of the tiny drill hole, spraying each piece with distilled water, letting dry, sanding and sometimes flap...
          Today, 10:55 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Cutting guide for straight cut on a scroolsaw
          by Rolf
          Like Bob said clamp a straight edge to the table and adjust it to compensate for the blade drift. There are some blades that have no or very little drift. Like the Olson PGT series it also seems to me that the Pegas MGT 3 or larger cut very straight....
          Today, 07:54 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to My beauties
          by Rolf
          I now you do beautiful work but I have to say your attention to details on these baskets is impressive. soft smooth edges, no visible glue squeeze out. And of course the cutting boards are beautiful. I am guessing that Bruce cut a spline in the end of the board and then dowels. I have not seen that...
          Today, 07:49 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to My beauties
          by NC Scroller
          You are one busy lady. About how long does it take to cut one?
          Today, 05:51 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Hegner Multimax-18 for sale Tucson
          by NC Scroller
          Good luck.
          Today, 05:47 AM
        Working...
        X