Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 43 years ago

Hi gang.
    I'd like to brag a bit about my good wife.
    I met her when I was in the Air Force serving in Japan on the island of Okinawa. She was working in a restaurant I frequented and I would visit with her there. After a few months I asked her out. On that first date I proposed marriage and she accepted.
    We have three children, each one more wonderful than the other two.
    She is the best friend I have.
    I don't want to get carried away here so I will just say it has been an adventure for 43 years and the saga continues.
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

OH, I forgot to add that I am thinking of buying her that new router I have been wanting.

StephenD

Desert Woodcrafters

Comment

Congratulations and best wishes for many more years of wedded bliss and adventure. Sounds like it might get a bit more adventurous if you give her the router.

Jan

Comment

Happy for both of you Stephen. My wife and I are re-newing our vow's on the 16th of this month....plus my wife is turning 60 as well. The wife has been so busy getting everything just right around here....we are doing this big party here at our place. Invited about 125 people, but I doubt there will be that many show up. We have a band and tons of food...BYOB and you will be ready. I just wish one of our 5 grown kids could make it...
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

Originally posted by stephenD View Post
          Hi gang.
          After a few months I asked her out. On that first date I proposed marriage and she accepted.
          Soooo, you are a little slow to get started, but once you set a course, it's full speed ahead, huh?

Congratulations! For the good decision 43 years ago and for sticking with it.
          Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Congrat's Stephen ! I only hope after all those wonderful years, you don't ruin it with a Router for yourself, HA I'm assuming it is for you? Don't take me serious. Have a wonderful Anniversary.
            PERK

Comment

Congrats Stephen..!!!
              ....don't forget... Safety first...lol.
              Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
              No task is too tedious for Art.
              Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
              Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

love

hey Stephen, enjoy your life together and be sure to tell her with every breath how much you love her. you never know what you have till its gone. we had 59 years together and it was heaven. now she is gone and the loneliness is unbearable. so enjoy and may the good lORD bless you both. john

Comment

Congratulations on 43 years of marriage. May you have many many more.

DW
                  Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
                  John Wayne

Comment

Congratulations on 43 years! Great accomplishment. My wife and I will celebrate 30 this year.

Charles
                    Charles

Comment

why did you wait so long to propose ? congrats on the 43 years

Comment

Congratulations we just had our 37th in april keep on moving.
                        Someone say tool or lumber sale I am out of here

Comment

Thanks heaps for the fun replies.
                          I think hanging on during the lean years has made the retirement sooo much better. With our pensions, ss and part time work we are doing really better than we did when working. Can't figure it out, unless we did crappy when working.

StephenD

Desert Woodcrafters

Comment

Congratulations to one Stephen from another Stephen.

We will mark 40 years in Dec, also on the 16th. Best decision I ever made.
                            Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

Congratulations !
                              This would have been our 44th but the Lord called her home 15 yrs ago.
                              I ditto what woodwizard said.
                              Eric

Liberty Twp (Cincinnati), OH

If today were perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Farmers market "survey"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                                I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                                For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                                Today, 11:14 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                                Today, 11:00 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                                Today, 09:57 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                                I like the fact...
                                Today, 08:34 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                                Today, 08:17 AM
                              Working...
                              X