Scam Alert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam Alert!

I received an order request via my website email address that appears to be a scammer located in Ghana or Johannesburg , South Africa from one Brent Terhark. The message was so generic that I saw red flags immediately. Here's his message:

This is Brent Terhark With regards to your Company i am sending this email Regards to order some(scroll sawing)I will like to know the type and sizes you have in stock and get me the sales price of one so that i will tell you the quantity i will be ordering, and if you accept credit card as a form of payment..

So I Googled his name and found several suppliers he has contacted who also became suspicious. I'm not sure what his scam is, perhaps getting a supplier to ship merchandise that is never paid for. Google it and you'll see what I mean.

He tried to order a large quantify of bamboo poles from one supplier. Hope somehow he gets his poles where the sun don't shine!

In any event, this individual may be targeting other scrollsawers. So be on your guard.
    Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
    Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Thanks for the warning. I don't have a web site but all scam alerts are valuable.

george
    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
    George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Thanks for passing it along. I get these all the time and they want to pay you extra up front and have you send them the extra money & keep a percentage for your trouble but of course it will never happen. Just ignore em...
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Scammers

Get 'em here in Australian too. Received an email from a guy with a similar name, ( Ret Terhawk ), from Cape Town, ZA, ( South Africa ), who approached me via my website,- asking about my Aussie Designed Toy Plans, and would I be able to arrange delivery to his Cape Town Address, for a, ( don't faint ), Million Dollar Toy Plan Order, and would I accept payment by ," secure credit card. " so I emailed back asking, " Which of my Toy Plans are you interested in, and how many of each particular Toy Plan, plus, what is your correct Address, as Cape Town, ZA, is a large city, also for an order of that size, ( US$1. million ), I ONLY accept payment by International Bank Check, or Bank Draft drawn on a reputable recognized South African Bank delivered to me by International Courier Service such as DHL; Fedex, etc..
        That was Two weeks ago,- haven't heard from him since !!!!!!

Comment

Mike I have had orders for saws projects etc. Probably the same guy.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X