Crummy day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crummy day!

It started out pretty good, the last day of school; only had to check out, eat lunch while they gave out service pins and was gone. That's when it started.

I got home after picking up a new printer. Couldn't get it to work. After a couple of hours work on it I gave it up to go do something else while I thought about what the problem could be.

I went out to cut some wood to size for scrolling and found that my table saw had died. Sounds like a bearing is out. It makes a high pitch screech when it runs. Guess I'll have to buy another.

I went in to fire up the radial arm to do my cutting but had to change the blade out to cut plywood. Bummer, that blade wouldn't fit the radial. Got to have a different size.

Came back inside to pout and have a glass of tea, the wife was watching "Americas Got Talent". Good show but hate the judges!

Back out to the garage; gotta cut something, so I fired up the scroll saw and glued a pattern. The lines went one way and I sawed another way. It came out all wavy instead of straight. Oh well, lots of sanding to do. After about an hour I got disgusted and came back inside to cool off. Grabbed an adult beverage and sat down to watch TV. AGT is STILL on. Interesting acts but still hate the judges. How long does this show last? Oh, two hours. It's a re-run on the Oxygen channel. What is the Oxygen channel? Where did that come from? Is it like the Oprah channel?

On the upside, I don't have to get up on time for the next few weeks... Now if I can just get these problems sorted out... mamma said there would be days like this and she was RIGHT!

Good to hear that there is an upside. When the wife is watching something I can't take it is time to run out for a new saw blade or whatever.
    Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

Everyone has days like this. I can always get out of that funk by doing something for someone else. Makes me stop thinking ;Oh woe is me: instead you get joy from giving.

Comment

been there done that. It goes away after a while but it sure would be nice it there was a warning sign or something saying it was coming.

Comment

The Oxygen Channel is like the Lifetime Channel. It is a channel for women who hate men.

Comment

Yeah, but you started the day and ended it above ground. Such a good day!!!
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Hi cpowell - the good thing about crummy days like the one you just had is that usually things only get better. I'm with Betty, the positive side is that you are around to look forward to these better days.

Hope you get things fixed pretty soon meanwhile go easy and enjoy those few extra minutes in bed.
              Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
              - Albert Einstein

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X