Another fishing trip ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another fishing trip ......

I just completed yet another fishing trip. I had a young crew (19, 23, & 29) so after work (and occasionally during work) we cooled down in the water, as the weather was hot (around 100 F). I spent some time sitting in a natural jacuzzi massaging my old bones & muscles.

Also, we had a Western tanager visit camp. Generally they are at much higher altitudes, but this one came to the bottom of the canyon. The pic isn't very good, sorry.
    Attached Files
    Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

that's beautiful, you still live in AZ. I lived there for like ten years and never seen this place.Jerry
    Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Hi Jim - Not quite as hot as where you are but with the afternoon temperatures here in Central Mexico touching the 90's F those pools certainly look inviting!
      I really ought to find time to escape north of the border for a few days and check out one of your fishing trips. I'd be in heaven!
      Maybe sometime next year...
      Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

one of these days I'm going to put my name on that volunteer list..
        thanks for sharing Jim...

Trout
        Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
        Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Jerry -- not many people get to see this place, and I've not seen it in AZ highweighs. (misspelling intentional) yet. And I'd prefer not to have it become a major destination. We did see more hikers this trip than I've ever seen before, so it is starting to get popular.

Jim & Trout -- we do use a few volunteers. It is always fun to share the spot with first-timers who are awestruck. That keeps it fresh and exciting for me. I was on several trips as a volunteer before I managed to get them to hire me on as an intermittent employee who only does field work. Sometimes dreams do come true.
          Mtnman Jim

Comment

You need to get rid of the kids and put some of us old folks to work. That natural jacuzzi looks perfect!

Jan

Comment

I'd love to take more older folks along. The kids are self-centered, unmotivated and don't have a good work ethic. And they fail to appreciate the beauty around them. It really makes me appreciate maturity. The two retired folks I had in April outworked the 3 kids on this last trip.
              Mtnman Jim

Comment

I know you have said it before but could you give us your location. Just left Az a couple months ago and going back in Nov.
                Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Chuck -- It is the Little CO Rver. It is about halfway between Lee's Ferry (where most of the raft trips leave) and Phantom Ranch (where the mule trains take folks from the South Rim Visitor's Center). It is a difficult hike in with a lot of exposure (places where you can fall to your death) so most folks who hike there are committed backpackers. The access requires permits from the Navajo's because it is reservation land.

I'm a bit concerned about making searchable links, as there are more and more hikers who have little respect for some of the essential supplies we stash down there with the permission of the tribe.
                  Mtnman Jim

Comment

I have a good idea where from your description. My Bride and I were planing on the hike when we ran out of time. Had to meet friends in Zion.
                    Here is a picture of where we were near Lee's Ferry when we decided to go on. Guess you can't go every where.
                    Attached Files
                    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                    Jean De La Bruyere...

l

Comment

Chuck -- The camp I run is very close to 36*11'23.91N and 111*43'25.13W You can take a peek on Google earth.
                      Mtnman Jim

Comment

That looks like Cancun. Send me a PM if you don't want every one to know the exact spot. I won't be back there for a while anyway. Thanks anyway.
                        Chuck D

Jean De La Bruyere...

l

Comment

As always, I loved your pictures. Thanks for taking us along on your adventure! I would love the natural Jacuzzi.
                          Tammy

Pressure makes diamonds

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                            Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
                            by cwmagee
                            A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
                            Today, 07:28 PM
                          • Rolf
                            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                            by Rolf
                            Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                            That is...
                            Today, 08:15 AM
                          • Jimern
                            Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                            by Jimern
                            The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                            Today, 06:29 AM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                            by will8989
                            The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                            Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Farmers market
                            by will8989
                            Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                            Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                          Working...
                          X