Forum speed back up but with new glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum speed back up but with new glitch

Just to report that at least from my end the forum is now back up to speed.

I noticed one glitch this morning where I couldn't reply to a thread and a message appeared telling me to refresh the page and log in again.

Also on posting this thread the same situation occurred.

It seems like the tekkies still have a little work to do but thanks anyway for the progress
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

I have not had that one yet but I'll keep my eye out for it as well. The load speed is the best it has been in quite sometime.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I noticed a glitch the other day that I had never seen before too, I started a new thread in the WIP section and when I clicked the "manage attachments" the window popped up as usual but inside that window it said I was not signed in. I clicked the "log in" in the new window and uploaded the pictures and everything worked. I'm not sure if the double log in is part of the spam fighting or if it is a glitch.

The load speed issue seems to be fixed, which is greatly appreciated.
      Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Hey Tim - I got that one as well! Since no one else had commented about this in the other thread I was beginning to feel paranoiac that this was only happening to me. Good to know that you replicated my problems, or maybe we are just both paranoiac - LOL!

Anyhow, just to comment again that since a few hours back I haven't had these posting hiccups reoccur which is very good news.
        Jim in Mexico

- Albert Einstein

Comment

Things seem to be back up to speed here too Jim, don't know about the posting probs until I hit the post button so here goes.
          Mick
          Posted Ok. Good to get back to normal
          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

Working O.K. for me.
            Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Thanks for the continued feedback. We will keep monitoring things closely and look for the double login...

Comment

Working good here too. I noticed the add at the top of the page is gone too!
                Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Found a new glitch this morning: As I was replying to a thread the forum logged me out. When I hit the "Post Quick Reply" it said I needed to log in or refresh the page. I refreshed the page and noticed I was not logged in after the refresh.
                  Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Hey Tim - someone has it in for you pal. Maybe you should stay in bed longer on a Sunday morning! - LOL!!

Seriously, this was the same fault that was happening to me before but, unlike you, I don't have this problem this morning.
                    Jim in Mexico

- Albert Einstein

Comment

I was looking at a thread and pressed the New Posts link as i always do and there was only one new topic. Just moments before there were about 30 I had not visited yet.
                      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I'm not having that problem. Of course I'm using a real computer.

Machead Chase
                        Chase---Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult.

Visit my album @ http://home.comcast.net/~chasesmeeks...-by-Chase.html and click on the album link.

Comment

another glitch.......or not..... when logging in this morning i see an advertisement for a free copy of " Scrollwas Magazine...." nice that it was offered.....HOWEVER for some reason i could NOT clear it off my screen.....everytime i tried to clear it it would just reappear......got a bit frantic as this happened 4-5 times......thought i was doing something wrong cause i did'nt have my coffee yet.......anyhow i guess its "just a popup ' that we gotta contend with. however its a great offer.

Comment

I have no problems. It works like it did before.
                            Did you folks re-boot the computer?
                            FD Mike
                            SD Mike

Comment

I still have the same message when I try to down lode the Mash cutting from the pattern vault. I have the link saved in my pattern file and wanted to cut it last week. Just tried again and still can't lode the pattern.
                              Dennis

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by cwmagee
                                I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
                                Today, 05:39 PM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
                                Today, 05:26 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Rolf
                                Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
                                My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
                                Today, 04:32 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by Rolf
                                Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
                                Today, 04:19 PM
                              • jim_mex
                                New PC keyboard has an error
                                by jim_mex
                                Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
                                Today, 03:47 PM
                              Working...
                              X