Frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustration

I am so completely frustrated right now! I decided to tackle a pattern from my magazine by Charles Dearing. I'm thinking now that I started it is probably way too complicated for me, but as I am a stubborn Capricorn I will not stop! That's only part of my frustration however; my new DW and I have come to a love-hate relationship. I used to love it, and it used to love me....until I started calling it nasty names that is. The silly thing won't hold any blade smaller than a 5. I tried changing to a 3 for my pattern, but the bottom clamp just keeps spitting the 3 out...I can't get it to even start to hold. So I resign myself to using a number 5.....I get part of a cut done, and it spits that out too. If I put the tension to anything higher than 3 I'm hooped. Anyways, that is my whine for the day. I guess I have to take my saw in to be serviced...but I don't wannna!!! I wanna scroll!!!!!

Sarah
    What's that old saying?? A bad day scrolling is still better than the best day working??

Try just rubbing the inside of the lower blade clamp with a bit of sandpaper to rough it up and give it a better hold.

I keep a scrap of sandpaper next to my saw and use it on both ends of each blade I put in; blades are packaged with a light oil to keep them from rusting...so if the oil built up in the blade clamp, the sandpaper will remove that as well.

And don't be afraid to really crank down on the blade clamps! I sometimes have trouble loosening my blade!

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I agree with Bob. Also, check the alignment of your blades. The set screw in the bottom blade holder might have backed out and you are tightening against the holder frame instead of the set screw. You should be able to see the set screw or at least part of it.
      Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
        Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
        by NC Scroller
        I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
        Today, 11:24 AM
      • NC Scroller
        Reply to Big week here
        by NC Scroller
        Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
        Today, 11:18 AM
      • jim_mex
        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
        by jim_mex
        Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
        Today, 09:17 AM
      • jim_mex
        Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
        by jim_mex
        Hi guys - it seems like I am back in business. The offending 'F' key seemed to lack sufficient travel to push down on the main board so I stuck a thin sliver of plastic under it with super glue and that seems to have solved the problem.

The only downside is I now have no excuses for my...
        Today, 08:42 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
        by Rolf
        WOW! I really like your taste in doors etc. I have have always leaned towards contemporary / modern. But our house is a small cape and that style would not suit it. Since we are both Geminis we have 4 people and our house is very eclectic. Each room has a bit of different style.
        Today, 08:20 AM
      Working...
      X