Cutting backwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting backwards

Funny thing happened in the shop that I will share, as we all have little brain farts from time to time. I needed to trim a little off the backer for an intarsia project. I had remembered the last time I used the saw the blade needed a new one. Usually my glasses are hanging around my neck. I only need them for reading and close up work. But they were on the workbench on the other side of the shop and I was comfortable. So I changed the blade and started to cut and realized I put the blade in backwards. Still not wanting to get up I thought I would try cutting backwards. Now that was really weird as everything is in reverse. Next time I won't be so lazy and get up and get my glasses. Putting one in upside down still happens once in a great while, but backwards was a 1st.

Well you won't be able to do that a 1st time again. Sounds like something I would do.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Oh yea, I have done that before...but I have never tried cutting with it that way
      Hawaiilad
      Larry

Comment

Put the piece in upside down and stand behind the saw - everything will be just fine...
        Douglas Fraser
        Eagle River, Alaska

My Gallery - Aurora Wood Crafts

Comment

I had a very long piece, 30" a door topper, that I had a couple cuts that required me cutting backwards. It sure does blow your mind.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

When I was making my niece's doll house, I cut all of the window & doors using my 20 inch scrollsaw. The center windows were easy to cut because I could turn the wood. The outside windows took some creative cutting. I did turn the blade backwards to finish the cut. My cuts weren't the straightest, but they were covered with the actually windows, so I wasn't real concerned. Yes I could have used a spiral, but I threw those away after I had cut the top of my scrollsaw table.
            www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

I was hoping I was not the only one.

Comment

Woodsman - just to make you feel better I'll say I put one in backwards on accident -
                Douglas Fraser
                Eagle River, Alaska

My Gallery - Aurora Wood Crafts

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X