Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great trip

Hello Everyone
    We are back from our short get a way and we had a great. Getting to see our son, his wife and our grandkids really made it special. As I said in my other post this was the first time we have seen the two youngest ones they warmed up to us really guickly and we got lost of smile and they got lots of hugs. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get them downloaded. All of them are just so cute and really smart. We are both really beat from running arouund playing with the grandkids, going to the Morningstar Market and the Mothers Day Street Fair in York, PA were we got to see some really nice things and some scroll work which was ok. It was hard having to say good bye to everyone but it wont be so long until we see them again they are all coming down here at Christmas as we'll have 9 of our 13 grandkids around at one time.
    Our side trip to Fox Chapel was another high light to our trip. We got to shop in the wearhouse which is really somethings to see. As is the Fox Chapel building Sandy showed us around and we got to meet Scott the Photographer the man who makes all those project look so good. We got to see soem of the projects that have been on past issues and books. I got to hold the vases Carole made for her book they look even better in person. Then we meet Shannon who showed us more of the offices and all they do to get the magazines and books ready. I got to see some of the project that will be in up coming issues and books very cool, sorry I cant tell you what they are. If you get the chance you need to go to Fox Chapel it well worth the trip it a truely an amesome place with great people like Shannon and Sandy. Thank you both for making us feel so welcome and make our trip special.
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Happy it turned out to be a great time...Looking forward to those pics.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

It sounds like you had a marvelous time. Of course, any time spent with kids and grandkids is special.

We're planning a trip to upstate New York in the fall and a stop at Fox Chapel is on the list of things to do.

Jan

Comment

Glad you had a great time, it is always nice to get away from the daily routine.
        Look forward to some pictures.
        Since I do some test cutting for the nagazine I know first hand how great Scott can make something look.
        One of these days I will get over to PA again during a week day so that I can meet the Fox Chapel crew.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Sounds like a great trip, Dan. It's nice when getaways really work out just as you hoped they would.

And glad you enjoyed visiting the grandkids--that's always special.

Fox Chapel folks are great--it's well worth the effort to meet the people behind the scenes. I had a great time when I went to shoot the bowl video, and enjoyed the tour of the place. It's a highly recommended destination for anyone who can get there.

Thanks for sharing!
          Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Sounds like a great trip, Dan. It's nice when getaways really work out just as you hoped they would.

And glad you enjoyed visiting the grandkids--that's always special.

Fox Chapel folks are great--it's well worth the effort to meet the people behind the scenes. I had a great time when I went to shoot the bowl video, and enjoyed the tour of the place. It's a highly recommended destination for anyone who can get there.

Thanks for sharing!
            Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I "store up" on hugs and kisses everytime I see mine in Texas, which is about 4 times a year. We do skype every Sunday night and first words are "I love you Grammy, where's PopPop?" Go figure!! What would we do without skype? After my last trip I told my husband, never thought I would be a frequent flyer. I have enough miles for one free ticket and one free night at the hotel I stay. Will save it for when Hubby goes wit me next March to see them.
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Grandkids are the best for sure. It's going to be a little while until I can get some pictures posted. Our laptop power adapter is not working like it should and wont charge the battery so it going back to Dell to be reapaired and all the pictures on on the laptop. Once I get it back I post some pictures.
                sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
                To all who serve or have served, Thank you
                Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                  Reply to New tools
                  by jim_mex
                  Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                  Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                • Hobbyhorse
                  Reply to New tools
                  by Hobbyhorse
                  Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                  Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                • Hobbyhorse
                  Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                  by Hobbyhorse
                  Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                  Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                • KarlB
                  Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                  by KarlB
                  Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                  Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                • KarlB
                  Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                  by KarlB
                  Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                  Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                Working...
                X