A couple of not scrolled wood projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of not scrolled wood projects

My niece (who lived with use on and off most of her younger life) told me that she wanted legs for a couch she has. Somehow she had managed to lose 2 of them in one of her numerous moves. I turned these out of ash. It started out as a 12/4 piece.

And as I use custom boards to measure fish, I whipped this one out to see how an epoxy finish would hold up. It is just cheap pine.
    Attached Files
    Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Nice legs Jim. I know how she feels loosing items when moving.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Comment

That is some nice looking pine, looks like wannabe oak to me.
      Another fine job Jim, as usual.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• planeur
        Reply to Cutting guide for straight cut on a scroolsaw
        by planeur
        Merci Rolf , I use Pegas blade but not that kind, interesting what they say about it.
        I will try them.
        Have a good day

planeur
        Today, 09:22 AM
      • will8989
        Reply to My beauties
        by will8989
        Looks like glass with the sun shining through it....
        Today, 08:08 AM
      • will8989
        Reply to My beauties
        by will8989
        He puts biscuts between the long pieces, is that what you meant? He has stainless screws in the lips then puts the plugs on top of that. Scott, cutting one doesn’t take long. It’s the removing of the tiny drill hole, spraying each piece with distilled water, letting dry, sanding and sometimes flap...
        Yesterday, 10:55 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Cutting guide for straight cut on a scroolsaw
        by Rolf
        Like Bob said clamp a straight edge to the table and adjust it to compensate for the blade drift. There are some blades that have no or very little drift. Like the Olson PGT series it also seems to me that the Pegas MGT 3 or larger cut very straight....
        Yesterday, 07:54 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to My beauties
        by Rolf
        I now you do beautiful work but I have to say your attention to details on these baskets is impressive. soft smooth edges, no visible glue squeeze out. And of course the cutting boards are beautiful. I am guessing that Bruce cut a spline in the end of the board and then dowels. I have not seen that...
        Yesterday, 07:49 AM
      Working...
      X