Bathroom update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom update

And it ain't good. Seems whoever added the addition to our house didn't do it properly. This extends the bathroom by 8 feet as well as a 4th bedroom. Anyway, when they got to the subfloor, they had to totally remove it as it was glued to the joists. Which was a good thing as the joists were sagging and they had to put in support beams. My son was able to get the plumbing finished in about 3 hours so was able to help with everything. Hubby got crazy with the sawsall when he was taking out a wall and hit some wiring.. Had to be fixed. Have to remove sheet rock from wall behind toilet as they had to cut large holes to move plumbing over and for wires. And I moved the sink down about 1 foot and there's a hole where the medicine cabinet used to be. At least they can take it all done and just run 2 sheets longwise and it will be finished. Hubby & son set up the tent out side, hooked up the hose to the washtub faucet, and took showers "camp style." Did I say I as so glad I'm in Texas?

About another 2 weeks and it should be finished. Or I'm coming back to Texas until it is!!!
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

If they had been in Hawaii they wouldn't have needed the tent. I have seen folks in the beach showers buck naked with no hu hu, (Hawaiian for trouble).
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Hey Betty - no gain without pain?
      Sounds like your son knows how to keep hubby's pressure down. Once all is sorted the mishaps and problems will all become a fuzzy memory you can wash down the drain whilst you take a shower! Meanwhile, enjoy the time with the grand kids.
      Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

Stephen, you are so correct about some people here in Hawaii. Most of the beaches I visit do have the showers and it's nothing to see people strip down right there and then. Don't think I would do that, but our shower is built outside....the weather is so nice here allot of people do the same.
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

it's nothing to see people strip down right there and then.
          Ok Larry - After that comment I have to take a moment to quote our unofficial forum byline - NPDH!
          (No Pictures, Didn't Happen!)
          Jim in Mexico

- Albert Einstein

Comment

Jim be careful what you wish for. We have a few clothing optional beaches in my neck of the woods and I would say that most people should wear clothes and lots of them!
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Boy your are correct about that remark Rolf!!! That is one thing I will never be seen doing....that's more for the little babies not grown adults.
              Hawaiilad
              Larry

Comment

LOL Rolf! - Of course you are correct pal! A glance in the mirror as I step out of the shower in the morning more than justifies your comment!
                Jim in Mexico

- Albert Einstein

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X