Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jim_mex
    replied
    Hi Betty - have fun with your grandkids whilst your bathroom is getting the big makeover. I bet that both you and hubby are glad you are out of the way. I just wish I could get Norma to go take a trip whilst I carry out major maintenance and remodeling chores around the house. Life would be a lot easier - LOL!

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Don't have to worry about the mess being cleaned. My BIL's nickname is Hazel!! Remember her? LOL Both he and hubby clean up after themselves very well. My mother in law raised 3 sons on her own on Soc Sec and taught them very well!!!

Will have before & aft pics.

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    Sounds like a great trip! Might want to check with the guys before you come home to see if the project is done. If not, extend your vacation!
    T

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    Sounds like a wise choice to me, Betty. And when you come home to your elegant new bathroom, be sure to bring along some bubble bath.

And, of course, have a great time with your grandkids.

Leave a comment:

• Wood Dog
    replied
    New bathroom, new shoes......now that is the only way to go......Have a safe trip, enjoy and phone home before you get there, just to make sure they sweep up after themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Hawaiilad
    replied
    I don't know about your hubby Betty, but when my wife fly's off to visit our kids and Grandkids, I never seem to get anything finished....the boss is not here to tell me if I did it correct or not.....we sure lean on each other don't we. Hope you have a great trip and a good visit.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    started a topic Heading to Texas to see babies and

Heading to Texas to see babies and

hubby staying home to completely remodel bathroom!!! I'll be gone Thurs to Tues. Tickets were so cheap I couldn't stay home - round trip air for what I usually pay for one way!!! Hubby, son &BIL will be redoing my bathroom from the underlayment to ceiling and everything in between!! Even new plumbing in the basement. Good thing BIL has his own home remodeling business and will be the boss of this project. We bought a new toilet. Had to take it back - didn't fit. Bought new tiles for the floor - had to take them back as we couldn't get bullnose to go along the base to match tile. Got others today. Hubby is so stressed out over this I got my hair cut and bought new shoes today. Sounds fair, huh? LOL
    Anyway I'm glad I'll be in Texas playing with the babies while this mess is going on!!!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
    Reply to Farmers market
    by will8989
    I just used different wood scraps I had to make the kayaks. I still do t see anymore in my future.
    Today, 01:09 AM
  • Jim McDonald
    Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
    by Jim McDonald
    Twenty years in electronics retail and here is a quick dirty way to tell the difference:
    a fast blow will only have the wire element. Slow blow almost always has some extra structure that will be left behind after the fuse blows.
    Secondly, there is a series of three letter engraved on one...
    Yesterday, 08:54 PM
  • Ennobee
    Reply to Looking For Mom and Baby Animal Pattern
    by Ennobee
    They look like David Spielmann's Designs to me. I will check my library this evening, but I bet you already that they are from one of his pattern books.
    Yesterday, 01:55 PM
  • jim_mex
    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
    by jim_mex
    Thanks all - you folks do wonders for my ego with your comments and importantly fire me up to keep trying new things

Scott - once this Covid situation has passed I'll definitely be heading up to NC. I'm tentatively thinking late spring/early summer next year. I am not sure just what pointers...
    Yesterday, 01:35 PM
  • JustLarry
    Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
    by JustLarry
    I found this information on fuses in general.

Blowing type. Fast-blow fuses will blow as soon as the current reaches the fuse's amperage rating, while slow-blow fuses are designed to tolerate a large number of startup surges and modest short-term overloads without blowing.
    Fast-blow...
    Yesterday, 12:56 PM
Working...
X