Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know anything about Pasco Washington?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know anything about Pasco Washington?

I am thinking of moving there next year and want to know a little more about it. I would like to know what the winters are like, crime rate and how expensive is the living? I am really sick of living in Michigan and would like to be closer to my brother who lives out there. I would go by what he says but he would tell me anything he thought I wanted to hear just to get me out there!

It is one of the local towns in central Washington, near the hanford nuclear waste site called the tri-cities. It is desolate looking, always windy and extremely hot and dry in the summer. Personally I don't even like to drive through it on my way to a nice looking place like the Columbia gorge....It is in the middle of no where. Move to Montana Gods Country and go visit him on weekends..LOL Only about a 6 hour drive.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

MIKE Just one of many.
      He will help you with scroll sawing also.
      Montana is my favored state and has great people.
      FD Mike
      SD Mike

Comment

I "third" Mikes recommendation, having experience with both places.

Comment

Thanks guys- I would love to live in Montana except for one small thing- the winter! The idea of a hot desert like place appeals to me! I hate snow and cold weather and so do my old bones! lol If you can tell me an area of Montana that doesn't get a ton of winter let me know. I will be going to visit my brother in July- going by train. We have not seen each other in 30 years so it will be fun I am sure.

Comment

I agree with Mike. We lived in Western Washington (the rainy part of the State) for 13 years and did allot of shows in the tri cities area. It is very hot in the summer time and the winters are cold...no snow to speak of but cold and windy.

Now if you want nice 70's & 80 degree temps. all year long with sun shine every day, move here to Hawaii. We had been coming here for years but could not afford to move here until we found the Big Island of Hawaii. We live in and area called Ocean View which is the desert part of the Island down near the bottom (look it up on the net). The land prices are much cheaper (we have 3 acres of land and no neighbors). Yea, other things cost more here, but they do have Costco and Wal-Mart and did I say the weather is wonderful....... You can buy vacant land and build or find plenty of homes for sale on land. If I had it to do over again, yes I would still make the move. Been here 7 years and love it. We fly back to the Mainland every year or so to visit the Grandkids....that's the only bad part.
            Hawaiilad
            Larry

Comment

Rub it in a little more Larry. Maybe by mid May I can turn off the furnace.
              Keith

Comment

I do like the idea of Hawaii, however, I do not fly very well at all! The idea of warm or even hot weather is great for me. I can handle cold weather as long as there is no snow to mess with. And Martzy we will be using our furnace off and on all summer where I live!

Comment

Michigan/Florida

My wife and I are from the Detroit area....we moved to Jacksonville, Florida, the day we were married (September 1959). Why not consider moving here? We have 4 distinct seasons, no snow. I think it's the best place in the country to live....good sports (NFL and PGA). the ocean, friendly people and a good business city. Also the hurricanes just seems to squirt by us but, of course, that's not a guarantee. March/April and October/November are the best months plus a week or two on either side of those. The hot summers get tiring but so what!

Gumpie

Comment

Pasco, Washington (WA 99301, 99302) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, news, sex offenders has a decent overview, just keep scrolling down.

Some like it, some hate it. City-Data has every town in the country that I ever wanted info on, so look at Pasco and look at where you are currently and that should provide a comparison. There is no income tax in Washington.
                    Got Moose?

Comment

Hey Gumpy- I lived in Clearwater for a few years back in the 70s and I like the weather but there was just too many people for my liking. Jacksonville is a nice area though. I also lived in South Carolina and Georgia- didn't care for either of those states at all- really a strange life style where I was at.

Terry Jay- thanks for the link. I like your name-my son is named Terry J. also and he married a girl named Terri!

I am beginning to think I will just have to make a trip out there and see for myself. It could be fun and I need a change of scenery anyway.

Comment

I grew up around Washington state, still live here (Auburn). Yes, Pasco gets warm in the summer. Yes, Washington has no state income tax. Yes, we do make it up on sales tax, north of 9%.

However, if you are into photography or hiking, Pasco is close to the Columbia river (Oregon side is beautiful), Palouse, Mt. Rainier, Mt, St. Helens (still has most of the scars from the eruption), Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams, Oregon coast, Washington coast, lots of small towns (my favorite, Leavenworth). Pardon me, but I carry on.
                        Ron

My sawdust gallery

Comment

Don't forget Richland, wa.
                          Pasco's neighbor.

It's all fun
                          Terry
                          Craftsman 18"
                          Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
                            It is so cute (Christmas deer)
                            by alexscrollsaw
                            "It is so cute" - it is the first what I hear when I show this project. I haven’t done 3D patterns for a long time (about a year), it’s quite difficult and takes a long time. But I don’t regret the time I spent on this new pattern - Christmas deer, I think it turned out great. It is...
                            Today, 02:03 PM
                          • markdavd
                            Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                            by markdavd
                            I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
                            Today, 09:45 AM
                          • NC Scroller
                            by NC Scroller
                            My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                            Today, 07:42 AM
                          • will8989
                            by will8989
                            None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                            Today, 12:20 AM
                          • Linda In Phoenix
                            by Linda In Phoenix
                            What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                            The bags seem easier on the surface.
                            But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                            Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                          Working...
                          X