X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Jan

• Jan
    replied
    I spend 5-6 hours per day in the shop which is about twice the amount of time I would like. Haven't seen the golf course in months. I usually have 3 - 4 projects in various states of completion, some for an art shop and some for custom orders. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Hawaiilad

• Hawaiilad
    replied
    I am starting to get back in the shop more and more....I'm up to about 3 - 4 hours a day now. There was a time I spent at least 12 hours a day in there, but we were running a full time wood working business back then.

Leave a comment:

• cpowell

• cpowell
    replied
    I snuck in a good day today. Spent most of the day outside cutting and sanding. Didn't make a lot of headway but got a few things done and learned a little more. I also enlisted the wifes help in my projects and got her interested in doing some things. (I think...) So, yeah, it was a really good day!
    Unfortunately, tomorrow I pay. It's grade book and lesson plan day. Bummer!
    cpowell
    Last edited by cpowell; 04-21-2012, 09:51 PM. Reason: addition

Leave a comment:

• woodsman

• woodsman
    replied
    I agree that this hobby is like therapy. You can escape from all the BS going on in the world for those few hours your out there.
    During the week I can squeeze in 3-4 hours before work. Days off and weekends I can usually get 8 hours in. My wife works every other weekend. On her weekends to work I have been known to get 12 hours out there. I just feel my best when I am creating. Then I also like to get done what I can, when I can.

Leave a comment:

• cpowell

• cpowell
    replied
    I try to get in an hour a day of saw "practice" after work but often don't get that much. I often wish I could get in a whole day on the weekends but actually only get in two half days.
    I agree with the above; it's like therapy for me. It calms me and makes me think about something else besides school. I'm a teacher at the jr. high level.

Leave a comment:

• pat c
    Member - Level 2

• pat c
    replied
    I used to spend two to three hours a day after work. After contracting rheumatoid arthritis I'm lucky to get 30 minutes a day, sometimes I get a couple of hours if it's a good day. Wish I could get back to a couple of hours a day. It's mental therapy. Pat

Leave a comment:

• Jim Finn
    Old Member

• Jim Finn
    replied
    six and six

Leave a comment:

• Cutting Cathy
    Proud Grandma

• Cutting Cathy
    replied
    Not nearly enough!!! I rarely get to the shop during the week. By the time I get off work and go to the gym it's about 7:00 getting home. But I give it hell on the weekend!

Leave a comment:

• oregoncarver
    Member - Level 2

• oregoncarver
    replied
    Working for time gets in the way of how much time I spend in the shop, I do average an hour a day but would like to spend a couple of hours, lots of projects to get done, now it is yard work season as well. To many Honey Do chores as well.

Arthur

Leave a comment:

• woodsman

• woodsman
    started a topic How many hours a day?

How many hours a day?

How many hours a day do you spend in your shop?

Now how many do you want to spend out in your shop?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X