No announcement yet.

What good thing happened to you today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What good thing happened to you today?

Life isn't always pleasant, but somewhere in your day something good happened. It's time to celebrate those little things. Did the vending machine drop two Snickers instead of one? Did someone tell you how nice you looked today? Share it here and give yourself a high-five.

Well, it is a little early in the morning for today but yesterday I found the best mother's day card for my wife - and I got it. And, I got most of my 2012 Chaco Canyon quarters put together so I can start the summer gift giving. All in all, those were a couple of very nice things that happened yesterday. Today is filled with promises!

John
    I've Got A Lot More To Learn
    About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
    "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

My college sophomore daughter was inducted into Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK) yesterday:
      Omicron Delta Kappa - Welcome to ODK
      We are very proud.

Russ

Comment

Although it is a little cool here, we are getting a much needed rain! a good start to the day.

John -
        Originally posted by Powakee View Post
        And, I got most of my 2012 Chaco Canyon quarters put together so I can start the summer gift giving.
        John
        Can you explain this? what are Chaco Canyon quarters?

T
        Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Russ - congratulations to your daughter!
          T
          Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

My offer on a 26 foot beater sail boat was turned down. For a minute there I thought he was going to accept it.
            Roger

Comment

OH Ramjet, what a wonderful thing to happen.
              Just think of allll the money you will save.
              That is a real <WHEW> moment there! Congratulations from one who lost some $ that way.

As was mentioned above, it's early yet so I will go with the "Yipeeee, I woke up".
              Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
              Desert Woodcrafters
              Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

I was cleaning the walkway, my hand came verrrry close to a spider.......he didn't bite me.
                Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

My name wasn't in the obituarys this morning...
                  "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                  Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thank you Forester21!

Russ

Comment

I was cleaning out some drawers and found the very last Mother's Day card my mother bought and signed herself for me. A true treasure.
                      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Betty's message!
                        It brought back a flood of good memories of my Mom and Dad.
                        Rolf
                        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica1990 View Post
                          Life isn't always pleasant, but somewhere in your day something good happened. It's time to celebrate those little things. Did the vending machine drop two Snickers instead of one? Did someone tell you how nice you looked today? Share it here and give yourself a high-five.
                          Well, since it is early yet, the best thing that happened so far this morning was--- I got grocery shopping done before 8 AM. Oh, & I did wake up to a sunny day.
                          PERK

Comment

It 's Friday and the work week has ended. Now I get to play in the shop and start a new project
                            www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

Originally posted by Forester21 View Post
                              John -
                              Can you explain this? what are Chaco Canyon quarters?
                              T
                              Chaco Culture National Historical Park and Chaco Canyon, New Mexico

The US Mint finally got to New Mexico's National Park at Chaco Canyon. This is one of the more sacred ancient sites we have in these United States. I have been to this place about a dozen times and I can't get enough. So, this month the US Mint released the 2012 NM Chaco Canyon quarter. I bought 2 rolls of uncirculated quarters and sleeves and I am giving them to family and friends in celebration of the recognition of this most sacred place.

So, my day has been pretty nice - I gave away about 25 quarters today. It has been fun giving them away and I know it has been fun for the people receiving them.

John
                              I've Got A Lot More To Learn
                              About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
                              "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X