Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making an honest woman of her

Hi gang,
    I really didn't intend to wait this long for this announcement, as plans have been in place for some time , but here lately I have been busier than a one-armed welder
    I 've been keeping up with my online family here (as time permits) ....kind've like reading the newspaper, but haven't had much chance to respond.
    Anyway, next Saturday the 28th The Shop Widow and I are officially tying the knot It will be a Hallo-Wedding with costumes and everything, in the woods by the creek at our house, a pig pickin, and then off to Salem Mass. for the Halloween hoopla up there .......I would be just as happy camping for a week but this is her dream trip
    Anyway, I hope to catch up on posts tonite. If I miss you, please don't take it personally ....jeez you guys have been busy while I was away !
    ...~Robert~
    DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

well congrats. I thought when you said "making an honest woman of her", you were kicking your wife out of the house to get a job, or something along those lines.
    Jeff Powell

Comment

Hi Robert

Congratulations to you and your bride . I hope the day brings you everything that you wish for yourselves and it marks the start of a new, happy time which will last for many many years to come.

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Congrats to you and your better half! A Halloween wedding? Costumes? Sounds like a hoot!!

Best wish's to you both! May the tricks be few but the treats many.......
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Congrats, I hope you have a SPOOKtacular wedding!!! Will you toast with wine, or blood! muahahahaha!! Dale
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Congratulations, Robert ... but could you explain what on earth a pig pickin is???
            Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

I was just thinking... keep the vampires out of the wedding photographs!

Gill
              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Comment

Congrats!
                A Halloween wedding with a honeymoon to Salem being her dream trip???
                Maybe a family reunion up there?
                Is her name Samantha, Endora or Tabitha?
                Might want to look a little deeper into her past.
                Just kidding.
                Good Luck and Best Wishes!
                Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Gill, don't you know that you can't take a photo of a vampire? Their image doesn't show up. You've got to check out a couple Count Dracula movies.

Way to go Robert. I was wondering what happened to you. I hope, for your sake, that there are no longer any witch hunts in Salem.

Are you going to scrollsaw the wedding cake?

I'll wait to congratulate you after the shindig is over and you've really tied the knot.
                  Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                  www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

I hope your going...

to share the wedding photo album with us....

Best of luck....

The Trouts
                    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
                    Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

C'mon Mike - that's why I offered the advice to keep vampires out of the photographs .

I like your photograph, Trout, although it's the starkest warning I've ever seen about the dangers of passive smoking.

Gill

Comment

Jeff,
                        C'mon man, if she got an outside job who would cook and take care of me and stuff ? That's a job in itself !

Gill
                        actually there is no telling who ( or what ) will show up in the photos as all attendees are requested to be in costume . The pictures should be quite interesting ......like Trout's , very kewl man

Mike,
                        No I didn't scroll the cake but I scrolled the guestbook, a binder for the vows that the minister will hold , and personal portraits for the minister, best man and bridesmaid ....like I said, I been busy !

Woodbutcher,
                        Don't worry, I checked her out already ...used the Monty Python criteria and she's not a witch...yet. Living with me a while longer may fix that though

Ian,
                        A pig pickin is just redneck slang for an old fashioned pig roast . An entire pig ( 100 lb for this one ) is dressed and split down the middle ...'butterflyed " so to speak and placed on a large hinge-lidded cooker....gas or charcoal ( imagine a 55 gal drum on it's side split so the top raises up ) . He is slowly roasted all day ..about 8 or 9 hours and in the final stages, in the good ol' southern tradition, he is doused with a vinegar based BBQ sauce. Near the end of the process, the die-hards ( like myself ) will begin sampling the parts that are done by " picking " them off while the lid is open and the cook is distracted Since it is an all day affair, there is lots of fellowship, horseshoe pitchin, guitar pickin,a beer or twelve consumed ( none for the cook, that's the law ) etc. Traditionally guests provide the sides ...potato salad, beans , slaw, bread, desserts ....whatever they want to contribute. About 2 o clock we will stop long enough to have a wedding and then continue with the party
                        We have one of these every year for Halloween . It is one of our favorite holidays and I actually proposed during last years affair. It was a complete secret to everyone including her and quite a powerful moment as it was done in the evening by the fire with about 50 people in attendence ...no costumes though

Thanx everyone for the good wishes ....we are very excited !
                        ...~Robert~
                        DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Congratulations.

I wish you many years of shackled bliss, there is no other life like it.

I think every man should marry his goulfriend. If she can put up with you and scrolling too then she is a keeper for sure.

Although Salem Mass, is not the place many would go for a honeymoon celebration, it is her wish and you are starting married life off right.

As always when someone gets married I have to offer unsolicited advice. It is a code I can't deny so here it is....

"A wise man always has the last word.....but doesn't use it!"

All the best, Carl
                          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Congrats little brother. I am so happy for you both. how cool, how great, how fun. your big sis. Evie

Comment

Hey Robert My Friend and Your Bride, CONGRATULATIONS. You have our heartfelt best wishes for a long and happy marriage.
                              Good Pig Pickin.
                              A Scrollin Friend, Dale M.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X