Bracket Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracket Clock

I have a bracket mantle clock, (over 30 years old) it quit working. Took to a repair shop.
    Over $550 to get a new movement from Germany...
    Since it has sentimental value(a wedding present to my wife)that repair is out of my budget.
    Was wondering if a quartz movement would be a good replacement,and a lot less expensive, would be an alternative? Would this work?
    Thanks for your comments.
    Rob
    Be the good,
    you want to see in the world...

There are some good quarts movement ,with or with out chimes.and I would make sure it isn't an insert.so that you don't have to worry about damageing the clocks oridgeal looks.
    I like the chime movemants rhat have a speaker attachment.

Comment

I'd look around more for someone that can repair it. My theory is if it can be made it can be fixed. I hate those guys with the automatic have to have a new one attitude. They usually can tell right away to and I don't understand that. I'm always so soft spoken and subtle.
      Just thought I would chime in even if it was untimely and a bit cuckoo.
      TIME to WATCH what I say and PUNCH out
      sorry it's the beer talking. Couple more and I'll really be clocked
      May the wind at you back .....
      Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Hi Rob, I also had a very old clock that quit working. I couldn't afford a new movement or the reparation of it at that moment, so I took out all of it and kept it safe in a box...replaced it by a quartz movement and it still works fine.... You could do that too and look around for another repair shop or a person who can fix that clock. If you know the brand of the movement send a mail to Germany yourself....could be a lot cheaper...
        Frieke
        www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, I got a hold of a guy from one of the clock parts company.
          Need to send him dimensions,he will try to find a match, in quartz movement.

I am also looking for a freelancer, who could work without all the overhead of a bigger co.

Sure do like the clock, it is really nicely built, just did not want to abandon it.
          Thanks again
          Rob
          Be the good,
          you want to see in the world...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X