Brother home, back from Texas and didn't get in show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brother home, back from Texas and didn't get in show

PHEW!!! Another crazy week. My brother came home last Wednesday. He's much better. Fluid is mostly gone from around his heart,he had 2 stints put in and still has some blockage. He can go to work when he can walk the 3 1/2 blocks from the parking lot to his office without getting winded. He told me last night this is harder than he imagined it would. Open heart surgery on hold right now depending on future tests in 6 weeks.

We got back from Texas Tues night visiting the grandkids. They are getting so big I can't believe it. The picture shows Chris the youngest, Samantha and Ben, the oldest. That's me and hubby with them somewhere in the Alamo.

Got a letter today saying they loved my work but had 4 woodworkers and didn't want to add another but would contact me if one backed out. Oh well, Leaves that date open for another show!!
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Happy to hear about the heart condition being on the mend sad to hear you were not accepted to their show. Consider it their loss.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Betty, the picture with your precious grandkids speaks to what's really important.

It's their loss not to have your lovely work in this year's show!
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Betty -- Your brother's improvement and spending time with the grandkids are the important things in life. And If I were king of the craft show, you'd be there, even if I had to kick another woodworker out..
        Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

That's good news, Betty. The picture is great!

Sorry to hear about the show. Bet you're in it next year.

Jan

Comment

So glad your bro is doing better. Bummer about the show, but you will be on the list next year, I'll bet.

Love the pic of you, hubby and the gkids.

Nancy in AZ
            A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

Glad to hear that your brother is on the mend and that you get time to spend with family. Shows come and go but Family is much more important. They will miss your work I am sure, their loss.

DW
              Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
              John Wayne

Comment

Hi Betty - so glad to hear that your brother is on the mend. Regarding the show, I guess it's a disappointment for you but take the news with a pinch of salt. Jury decisions are always subjective and its best to take them or leave them. We and you know your work is good and there are always other opportunities.

Great photo of the grandparents and kids. Looks like you make a fun bunch when out together.
                Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                - Albert Einstein

Comment

Good news about your Brother!!
                  Great picture, is that your house?
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Great your brother is on the mend, love the Kodak moment, shows come and go, so keep on keeping on. We LOVE your work around here.
                    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

No, Rolf, that's not my house. It's somewhere in the grounds of the Alamo, in front of the Library, I think. There is another 3 day show in Oct I am applying for so I'm not too concerned about not getting in that one. It was close, we could stay home so no hotel fees. But like everyone says, their loss not mine!!!
                      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Glad to hear you brother is doing better. Sorry about the show. Life has a way of putting things into perspective, yes?
                        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Betty I see the prayers for your brother were heard....glad he is back home.

I remember one show years ago we juried for and got into...they came around the first day and said we had way to much stock displayed for the show. They gave us a 5'X20' booth and we put up a wall display and filled it....they wanted us to remove most of it...said it would not be fair to others that did not bring as much. Sold the hell out of our items and did not try to go back the next year...even when the invited us!!
                          Hawaiilad
                          Larry

Comment

Rules are rules, some people just won't give an inch.Sorry you didn't get in but very happy your brother is on the mend.
                            You'll have more inventory next time.
                            Roger

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                              by will8989
                              None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                              Today, 12:20 AM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                              The bags seem easier on the surface.
                              But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                              Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                              by will8989
                              Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                              Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                            • Sandy Oaks
                              by Sandy Oaks
                              As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                              Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                            • NC Scroller
                              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                              by NC Scroller
                              I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                              Yesterday, 07:42 AM
                            Working...
                            X