Spring Bloom Boutique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Bloom Boutique

I was invited to participate in a semi-annual boutique sale run by a nearby arboretum as a fund raiser. I was invited to show there last December but did not have the time to get ready. It is on a consignment basis and I asked all the right questions when I spoke to the woman in charge. It runs for three, three day weekends at the end of April and beginning of May, I don't have to be there since their volunteers do all the selling. They are insured, keep accurate records, and since they are a non-profit, do not have to worry about sales tax. They charge a flat % of the sale as a commission, but I set the price of each item. If I help out for a total of 6 hours, they reduce their percentage by 5%. The only drawback is that they can only provide 3' of table space for each artisan. I can display vertically and may be able to get some wall space for hanging stuff. This will be the first time I am not completely in charge of my display and sales and I hope it works out.

george
    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
    George

delta 650, hawk G426

Best of luck and by all means go vertical if at all possible. Looking forward to a report on success and a few pics of how you mange such a small space.

I was asked by a lady who has a local gallery, last minute this past fall to place some items in their gallery on consignment. I was amazed when i showed up with a lot of items and they had a small table a little larger than a TV tray for my assigned area. I too asked to be placed against a wall so I could go vertical. I was very pleased 3 days later when she called and asked if I could please re-stock and that she was allocating a larger space as my items were getting a lot of attention and flying out the door. So you can do it too.

Try to have a good variety and price points in your small area and do not forget business cards or a flyer with contact information if allowed.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks for the additional advice Mike. I will definitely make use of it. They will call me if they need to restock my items. Fortunately, the arboretum is only about a 30 minute drive from where I live.

george
      George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Woohoo George...!!!

Get some pics if you can.
        I'd love to see what you can do with 3'....
        Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
        No task is too tedious for Art.
        Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
        Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Congrats! I'd also like to see pics of your display.

Comment

I will definitely take some pictures of the display once I figure out how to best set it up. I am not sure if it is left up for three weeks or if it has to be reset each weekend. Just another question to ask them.

george
            George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Sorry about the delay folks, but gardening and granddaughter sitting got in the way of posting pictures. I set up my 3' x 2 1/2' of display area last Sunday. The bookcase folds for easy storage and transport and was borrowed from my daughter. It turns 2 square feet of area into six square feet of area. I personally think I made it a bit crowded but we will see. This is the first of three three day weekends for the boutique. I am going to try to get down there today and see how things are going. My spare stock is under the table in the boxes. I was not able to display any jigsaw, tray or standup puzzles for lack of room. If they manage to sell much of what I brought, I will put out some puzzles for sale. Mike, again thanks for all the advice. It came in handy.

george

Wagner show setup 1.jpgWagner show setup 2.jpgWagner show setup 3.jpg
              Last edited by sawdustus; 04-29-2012, 11:00 AM.
              George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

How about the lost space on the outside vertical ends of your display? You can hang a few items on the ends as well. Nice variety. I hope you have a great deal of success.
                "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Wow...NICE looking display...!!!!
                  Way to use 3'...
                  You have a really great looking assortment of work there...
                  Much success...!!!!!!
                  Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                  No task is too tedious for Art.
                  Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                  Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Thanks Jim, but I had to leave several varieties at home (notepads - standup, tray and jigsaw puzzles; bud vases).

Mike, I did put an assortment of blades and a picture of myself using them on one side, but hanging more pictures on the sides is a good idea. Thanks.

I did get down there yesterday and they had sold a dozen or two small items but nothing big. I do have to cut some more frog bookmarks as someone bought all 12 of those I left there. Just waiting for the shipment of 1/32 ply to come in this week.

george
                    George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X