Hello again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again...

Hello all, its been a long time. I will try to keep it short even tho its a long story.

I was to close on a house on Aug. 25th. I was so excited and ready to move and set up my new workshop. Well three days before I was to close I got let go from my job because they are going to outsource my department. So therefore I did not get the house and I was out of a job.

I posted my resume on monster and the very next day I started getting calls. Two weeks later I landed a great job(at least so far) making more money and it is even fun to boot. I also found another house which is only ten mins. away from my new job and much nicer than the house I was going to get. Keep your fingers crossed but I am to close on Oct 30 and to make things even better me and my girlfriend are going to get back together. So all things happen for a reason even tho you don't know the reason when they first happen. Everything works out in the end.

That is why I have not been around for a while(not that anybody missed me...LOL)

So thats the short version of a very long story. I hope to be on more and cutting more once I get settled in my new place. Like I said keep your fingers crossed, I need all the help I can get.

Talk to you all again soon.
    www.dshwoodworks.blogspot.com
    [email protected]

Hey,

Good for you!

Almost 4 years ago something similar happened to me: I had been sick and when I returned to work they "cut" my position due to budget restrictions.

They did give me a 3 month "package"

I had bought a house (my first one) the year before, and was wondering how I would not go bankrupt.

3 weeks later, I posted my CV on Monster.ca and got a call two days later from a headhunter looking for my exact qualifications. Did three phone interviews and got a new job with a 50% (yes FIFTY) better salary doing the exact same thing as before. And since last March I now get to work from home on top of that; doesn't get much better than that.

I've been laughing since then, and thanking God for my good fortune.

Regards,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

glad to see things are getting better....good luck

pete
      Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
      "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...