Hello again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again...

Hello all, its been a long time. I will try to keep it short even tho its a long story.

I was to close on a house on Aug. 25th. I was so excited and ready to move and set up my new workshop. Well three days before I was to close I got let go from my job because they are going to outsource my department. So therefore I did not get the house and I was out of a job.

I posted my resume on monster and the very next day I started getting calls. Two weeks later I landed a great job(at least so far) making more money and it is even fun to boot. I also found another house which is only ten mins. away from my new job and much nicer than the house I was going to get. Keep your fingers crossed but I am to close on Oct 30 and to make things even better me and my girlfriend are going to get back together. So all things happen for a reason even tho you don't know the reason when they first happen. Everything works out in the end.

That is why I have not been around for a while(not that anybody missed me...LOL)

So thats the short version of a very long story. I hope to be on more and cutting more once I get settled in my new place. Like I said keep your fingers crossed, I need all the help I can get.

Talk to you all again soon.
    www.dshwoodworks.blogspot.com
    [email protected]

Hey,

Good for you!

Almost 4 years ago something similar happened to me: I had been sick and when I returned to work they "cut" my position due to budget restrictions.

They did give me a 3 month "package"

I had bought a house (my first one) the year before, and was wondering how I would not go bankrupt.

3 weeks later, I posted my CV on Monster.ca and got a call two days later from a headhunter looking for my exact qualifications. Did three phone interviews and got a new job with a 50% (yes FIFTY) better salary doing the exact same thing as before. And since last March I now get to work from home on top of that; doesn't get much better than that.

I've been laughing since then, and thanking God for my good fortune.

Regards,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

glad to see things are getting better....good luck

pete
      Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
      "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
        Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
        by will8989
        Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
        Today, 10:32 AM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Reply to Shrink wrap systems
        by Sandy Oaks
        As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
        Today, 09:46 AM
      • NC Scroller
        Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
        by NC Scroller
        I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
        Today, 07:42 AM
      • NC Scroller
        by NC Scroller
        I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
        Today, 07:39 AM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        by Linda In Phoenix
        I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
        Yesterday, 10:01 PM
      Working...
      X