Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween

With All Saint's Day just around the corner there are so many Halloween related sites out there you just can't get away from them.
    It is not always a bad thing.
    Here are a couple with patterns.
    http://www.pumpkinlady.com/pattern.htm
    This one even has Christian Patterns.
    http://pumpkinglow.com/Patterns.htm

Many patterns are quite basic but many really would look good scrolled.
    Do your own search for Pumpkin Patterns and see what you come up with
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Every Hallowe'en I take down the 'normal' house name sign and replace it with something more appropriate to the occasion. I tried to attach the picture to the message but there seems to be a gremlin in the works, so here it is:

'Trick or Treat' is in its infancy on this side of the pond - by putting up a sign like this I'm saying that I'm prepared to join in the festivities.

The font I used for that sign is one that I've found to be very useful, especially at this time of year. It's called Harry P (True Type) and you should be able to find it easily enough with a decent search engine. However, it's also available from muggles... errr... muggins here if you pm me your email address.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Ah Ha, another Harry Potter Fan. And they say those books are just for kids. I wonder who is going to get killed in the final book????
      Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
      Jean De La Bruyere...

l
      Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

JK has said that it will be two main characters...I'm betting on Harry and Tom Riddle

And Dumbledore's NOT DEAD!!!!!

Bob
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Publication of the final book has to be imminent. Shortly after the latest security scare at the airports, JK Rowling caused a ruckus when she tried to fly to America with the finished manuscript to have it adapted for American publication. Airport officials told her she couldn't take it as hand luggage; it would have to go in the hold with all the luggage that was likely to be stolen or delivered to Rio or Delhi. Not surprisingly, she refused to comply with their orders.

I can't wait for the final book. When the last one was published, I found myself queuing up at the store for it at midnight on the day of its release .

Gill
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Comment

My friends and I are already planning a Harry Potter Tailgate Party outside the book store <GRIN>

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Na,

She won't kill Harry, too much money involved.

Professor Snipe, on the other hand...

And maybe one of the twins could have a joke backfire, they are earning too much with the shop LOL, or maybe Hagrid gets eaten by one of his "little" friends?

I will not stay up till midnight to get a copy, but I'll be wanting one from then till I get it to complete my collection

(And no they are not in French, American English (Sorry Gill))

Regards,
              Marcel
              Edit: Sorry Bob, I believe Dumbledore is dead and living in the portraits
              Last edited by Marcel in Longueuil; 10-26-2006, 08:22 PM.
              http://marleb.com
              DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

My understanding is that this is her final book and she doesn't wish anyone else to pick up the series. My guess is Harry as one of them. This would prevent anyone else from continuing the series. I'll wait for the movie. LOL.
                Kevin
                Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

I can't believe that the series is coming to an end already!! Time seems to fly by way too fast, the kids have grown LOL.. and JK now makes more money per year then the Queen..good for her!! I've enjoyed reading the books, seeing the movies and if you haven't had a chance to listen to the audio tapes I would highly recommend it..the man who reads the parts is amazing!!

Sue Chrestensen

Comment

JK Rowling's writing style is truly amazing,
                    The actual events in the whole series are things we can all relate to. The crushes in highschool, the nemesis, the bully, the mean teacher, we have all experienced these things. The classic battle of good and evil links the whole series together. Thats why the books are such a hit in my mind.

I find it most unfortunate that some people will not read them due to certain beliefs. Fantasy is fantasy her writing style is marvelous. I liked the books so much I was even inspired to try writing
                    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Gill, That is a right nice sign. I agree I can't wait until the last Potter book. I don't think she will kill off Harry, I mean, how cruel would that be?

Sorry Bob, but I think Dumbledore is dead. I sure would like to join that party you are throwing (being that you did so good on the Open House).

I agree with Carl, she is a delightful author. I like the series very much. You are right about some people, I can't believe that they actually think you can learn to be a wizard or a witch from the books. How crazy is that?

-Bill
                      -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Sorry Bob, but I'm with Bill - Dumbledore is definitely dead; he had to be in order for the magic to fail at the end of the last book. I can't see him being resurrected either, or something would have happened along those lines with Sirius Black.

What I want to know is, where did Harry's parents get all the money that was deposited for Harry in Gringott's at the start of the first book? I hope Ms Rowling explains it all before the end.

Gill

Comment

The only thing that makes me wonder is Fawkes...the phoenix being reborn...and his statement about how as long as someone at Hogwarts believes in him, he will never really be gone...

Bob
                          <who is hoping against all hope that Dumbledore is still alive>
                          www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Love the sign Gill. As far as the Harry Potter issue. I'm on the Dumbledore is dead side.Although I am sure He will be around popping in and out of portraits. If not does anyone have plans to scroll him into one?lol Can't wait for the last book though.
                            Derek

Comment

Hmm scrolled portrait of Dumbledore..... That sounds cool
                              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
                                It is so cute (Christmas deer)
                                by alexscrollsaw
                                "It is so cute" - it is the first what I hear when I show this project. I haven’t done 3D patterns for a long time (about a year), it’s quite difficult and takes a long time. But I don’t regret the time I spent on this new pattern - Christmas deer, I think it turned out great. It is...
                                Today, 02:03 PM
                              • markdavd
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by markdavd
                                I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
                                Today, 09:45 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                by NC Scroller
                                My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                                Today, 07:42 AM
                              • will8989
                                by will8989
                                None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                                Today, 12:20 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                                The bags seem easier on the surface.
                                But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                                Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                              Working...
                              X