my cheap blower system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my cheap blower system

i run a ryobi sc164vs the bellows does not do anything much of blowing sawdust off the lines im cutting, my wife loved what im using to solve that problem, just a plain ole straw just remember to breathe through your nose or youll suck up all the saw dust, another benefit is it keeps me from smoking while im cutting
    Attached Files

That's a good one.
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

I tried that one, once. It worked pretty good until I sucked up a mouthful of saw dust. (I will be the first to admit that such a problem is easily remedied by remember that my hair is also blond and there are certain implications with that but . . . aaaahhhh . . . . I have to admit, I didn't try it again). Now a days when I hear about those people trying to swallow a teaspoon of cinnamon I keep going back to that mouthful of sawdust. . . . . uh uh, no way for this boy!

John
      Last edited by Powakee; 03-25-2012, 10:14 AM.
      I've Got A Lot More To Learn
      About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
      "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

If it works to keep you from smoking I say GO FOR IT.........you may or may not know other people use a fish tank pump to blow the sawdust off when their bellows fail. Just saying.
        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

WOW, I would have a problem concentrating on cutting, if I had to aim the straw. Or do you have the straw mounted some way. I think I'll stick with the one on my saw. HA
          PERK

Comment

cheap and cheerful.................
            not doing much
            and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Talk about a way to build lung power....

Comment

never thought of the fish tank aerator before gonna have to try that im running out of straws the mice in my shop keep stealing them

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                  The bags seem easier on the surface.
                  But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                  Today, 03:24 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                  by will8989
                  Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                  Today, 10:32 AM
                • Sandy Oaks
                  by Sandy Oaks
                  As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                  Today, 09:46 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                  by NC Scroller
                  I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                  Today, 07:42 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  by NC Scroller
                  I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                  Today, 07:39 AM
                Working...
                X