my cheap blower system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my cheap blower system

i run a ryobi sc164vs the bellows does not do anything much of blowing sawdust off the lines im cutting, my wife loved what im using to solve that problem, just a plain ole straw just remember to breathe through your nose or youll suck up all the saw dust, another benefit is it keeps me from smoking while im cutting
    Attached Files

That's a good one.
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

I tried that one, once. It worked pretty good until I sucked up a mouthful of saw dust. (I will be the first to admit that such a problem is easily remedied by remember that my hair is also blond and there are certain implications with that but . . . aaaahhhh . . . . I have to admit, I didn't try it again). Now a days when I hear about those people trying to swallow a teaspoon of cinnamon I keep going back to that mouthful of sawdust. . . . . uh uh, no way for this boy!

John
      Last edited by Powakee; 03-25-2012, 10:14 AM.
      I've Got A Lot More To Learn
      About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
      "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

If it works to keep you from smoking I say GO FOR IT.........you may or may not know other people use a fish tank pump to blow the sawdust off when their bellows fail. Just saying.
        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

WOW, I would have a problem concentrating on cutting, if I had to aim the straw. Or do you have the straw mounted some way. I think I'll stick with the one on my saw. HA
          PERK

Comment

cheap and cheerful.................
            not doing much
            and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Talk about a way to build lung power....

Comment

never thought of the fish tank aerator before gonna have to try that im running out of straws the mice in my shop keep stealing them

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gary beasley
                  Reply to Cutting guide for straight cut on a scroolsaw
                  by Gary beasley
                  Cutting a straight line I get it started then plant my thumb at the side of the piece and use that to stabilize the cutting path, a bit like the pin you would use on a bandsaw when resawing old style.
                  Yesterday, 02:34 PM
                • will8989
                  Wood supply
                  by will8989
                  We went to Groff & Groff yesterday. Purple Heart wood is stuck on a boat somewhere. They said imported exotic and hardwoods are stuck on boats. So if you see a wood you need, grab it while you can.
                  Yesterday, 09:58 AM
                • will8989
                  Reply to My beauties
                  by will8989
                  He has 4 of the long ones, but we have other sizes that he uses for clamping up his cheese board slicers, another good seller. They go for $35, left over wood from dough board. On late shift yesterday because I took a 2 hour nap around 7. Off to the saw! I have 8 days of shows in 2 weekends! And one...
                  Yesterday, 09:49 AM
                • RJweb
                  Reply to My beauties
                  by RJweb
                  The boards and baskets are beautiful, but maybe buy Bruce some more clamps, also I see you are on the night shift again, RJ...
                  Yesterday, 09:28 AM
                • will8989
                  Reply to My beauties
                  by will8989
                  What Carole said. The lips are 1 1/2”, holds the board to the counter and keeps the flour from going off the back. After gluing them to the board, he drilled stainless screws through the lip into the board and made plugs to fill the holes. The board is 3/4” thick. Since he only has 4 large Bessy...
                  Yesterday, 01:20 AM
                Working...
                X