wooden bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wooden bikes

there was a great article in today's paper about two guys who make wooden bicycles that you can ride....

here is their website: Home Page

pretty cool, I wish I had a bigger shop!

Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

I have seen one in person, there is a guy here that has one that rides it in the local bike events. It is one of the most beautiful pieces of wood art that I have ever seen.

Comment

That's nice but wood you give one to your 10 year old????

John
      I've Got A Lot More To Learn
      About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
      "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Wow Trout - That is one neat looking bike.
        I can definitely see why you would want a bigger shop!
        Beautiful work
        Thanks for posting the link
        Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

I saw some bikes like those & they were VERY expensive ! I don't think I would want to buy one for my 10 yr. old. HA They are beautiful bikes!
          PERK

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• martzy
            Eagle
            by martzy
            My father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's this last summer. We had to move him into a nursing home because he couldn't take care of himself anymore. He used to run a successful wood shop. He made shooting benches, picnic tables, porch swings, among other things. My cousin bought his property so we...
            Today, 05:43 PM
          • jim_mex
            Reply to Darkening oak
            by jim_mex
            Hi Jim - a long while back I did a series of ebonizing tests using the steel wool and vinegar method on a variety of woods. On white oak the color turns out to be a light grey. On red oak its a much darker grey black. To get the best out of ebonizing i.e. the blackest coloration the wood needs t o be...
            Today, 04:50 PM
          • RJweb
            Reply to My lucky day!
            by RJweb
            In Texas here everuthing is by appointment only, we had our first shot wednesday and on thrusday the VA contacted me to got my shot next week, but i just made room for another vetean, RJ
            Today, 04:09 PM
          • jim_mex
            Mexican Covid19 Vaccination logo - my version :)
            by jim_mex
            I little Covis19 relief...

Having just viewed my official invitation to receive my first Covid19 jab this coming week I had a little chuckle to myself over the name and logo the government has adopted for the folks who will administer the vaccinations.

In Spanish they have...
            Today, 04:08 PM
          • Jim McDonald
            Reply to Darkening oak
            by Jim McDonald
            Might be. I am going to be making a sign using oak plywood and I think I may want the background a tone other than the oak. May explore other veneers as well.
            Today, 02:58 PM
          Working...
          X