Really proud parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really proud parents

This weekend I spoke to our 10 yr old son Kevin, back in Mexico from my work base here in Italy via Skye, a weekly hour long event that I rarely miss.

Kevin's a little shy and not one to brag about his achievements and its sometimes hard to get info from him about things such as his schooling.
    This time though I had the upper hand to get him to talk about his latest school results after Norma sent me a scan of his bimonthly examination results card.

His exams are split into two groups, one for English based classes and one for Spanish based ones. For the exams taken just before Christmas he scored straight 10's in ever subject! The first person in his group of 30 plus students in the school to do this. Being modest he then said he was disappointed to drop just one point in each group during the following examinations in February!!!

The results are fantastic especially as most of his classmates are 12 - 18 months older than him and naturally as parents we are over the moon with his progress but what makes me really proud is the last comment by his Spanish group head teacher which I've translated on his results card

It'll take a while for Norma and myself to come down from the clouds!!!

Hope you don't mind me sharing this info with you. I told him I would tell the world of his success and he thought I was kidding!

Last edited by jim_mex; 03-13-2012, 02:35 AM.
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Congrats to Kevin and his proud parents. Did he get that from Norma?

Jan

Comment

Well we all know he got his smarts from dear ol mom....LOL That is quite the accomplishment. Thanks for sharing it with us and give him kudos from us.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Why am I not surprised? Please tell your son that the whole world is proud of him!
        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Awesome scores ! Tell him to keep up the good work.
          My Gallery

Comment

That's fantastic Jim!

The Spanish instructor's comment is really fabulous. I'm pretty sure this song explains where he learned to help everybody out.

I hope you weren't too hard on him for dropping the two points

--Rob

Comment

Kevin,

Your accomplishments are something worthy to make you and your parents exceptionally proud. All of your dad's friends on this forum are likewise proud of your accomplishment.

Jim,
              Maybe you could print all these out and embarass him with them.
              Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

Jim you and your wife should be very proud of your Son. This report should be saved and put into a frame and kept for years. Something to brag on him for years to come. My wife and I have 5 kids and everyone of them finished college...sure makes you feel good.
                Hawaiilad
                Larry

Comment

Now how cool is that? I understand why you're soo proud on Kevin! Tell him the good news arrived in Belgium and for such good schoolresults there's always a surprise! Not only for the results but also for being such a good friend!
                  Frieke
                  www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Wow that's awesome he is going to go far. Congrats to Mom and Dad oh and you to Jim.
                    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
                    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
                    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

Kevin

Congratulation from Australia.

Jim

Well done, thanks for showing us.
                      Cheers
                      Bernie

Comment

Good job Kevin!
                        And Mom and Dad too!

Comment

Thanks folks for all your nice replies. I'll definitely be passing a copy of them to Kev and I'm sure this will embarrass him a little but please him a lot!

As to where he gets his brains from. Definitely from his mum!
                          Modesty and shyness he gets from me - LOL!
                          Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Super Kevin,
                            I can feel your Dad's beaming face all the way here in North America...

Jim,
                            Good for you and Norma...
                            You've got the brains Jim, you just hide them behind everything you haven't learned yet..
                            ....Shy?!?....HA...
                            Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                            No task is too tedious for Art.
                            Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                            Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Great gene pool to draw from . Looks like it is paying off.

Here in British Columbia the teachers are not making out report cards this year as a protest towards government policies. They just had a mini strike and legislation is being drawn up prohibiting them fom striking for a period of time.

Congratulations to your son and a well done for the parents.

roger

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
                                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                                by meflick
                                got mine in the mail today. Thanks.Cute and befitting. Now I need to know how it’s made/what it’s made from. (On everyone gets theirs of course.)...
                                Today, 08:21 PM
                              • Jo Labre
                                Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
                                by Jo Labre
                                At the time I thought "Ah, spit!" (or words like that) and just threw the blade in the garbage. It was the #5 size blade. I suspect it would cost more to have it done than the cost of a new blade. The owners manual is not very helpful, the wording is awkward, having been 'translated' into...
                                Today, 11:13 AM
                              • hotshot
                                by hotshot
                                The brazing process doesn't look too bad. I have seen the welders built into the industrial bandsaws, so out of curiosity, I looked that up and that process is pretty cool to watch also, though trying that on something this small would probably light the whole thing up....
                                Today, 10:14 AM
                              • Rolf
                                by Rolf
                                Jo, I did a bit of research on the web, and there are lots of videos of people silver soldering broken blades. In hindsight I remember I had made a jig eons ago to do just that, when I still had a small Craftsman bench top three wheeler....
                                Today, 09:32 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                                by Rolf
                                I haven't even decided what to make!
                                Today, 09:27 AM
                              Working...
                              X