Off to Richmond, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to Richmond, VA

Evelyn and I are taking a trip up to Richmond, VA tomorrow she has a meeting up there next week and we want to find out just were it is and we'll just have to stop at the Woodcraft in the area so I can look around and maybe get some wood or plans or who knows what and so Evelyn wont be left out we are going to the Whole Food Mart. It should be a nice trip and I may just come home with another new toy.
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Take her down to Shockoe Slip and get her lunch at one of the great restaurants down there.

Jan

Comment

We may do that. We were down there a few ago when we in Richmond so Evelyn could visit a friend of her's. We ate at Sine' Irish Pub it was great. And we went into some of the shops and took to boat tour. I'll see if Evelyn will want to go back we are meeting up with a friend she use to work with so we may not get down to Shockoe Slip. but I could just guess I could go all out and find a Wendys for dinner.
      Last edited by Band Saw Box; 03-09-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Were Back

We got home a little while ago. It was a nice trip up to Richmond. We found were Evelyn has to go for the meeting. We make it to the Whole Food Market. It's sure some place, we like the bulk food they have and picked up some new salts to try, a black salt that sells for $50.99 per pound. Over all we were a little disappointed, the prices on the fruits and vegetables were higher then we were expecting. We also made it to Woodcraft, it a big place but they don't really have a lot. They choice of wood was far less then I hoped for. Evelyn did pick out some Zebra Wood and Lace wood for a business card holder and I got a piece of 3"x3" ash to make the Cube in a Cube puzzle. I was looking for same Guinevere sanding sleeves and the dust extractor but the one person I talked to about them had never heard of the Guinevere, I came back to me later and side he could order any of the Guinevere parts but they don't carry any in the store. I have to say it was as if not more disappointing the Whole Food I wont be going back the next time we in Richmond. I'll be making a trip to Lowe's next week to pick up some Poplar to make a Pineapple Box for Evelyn's office. The company's she working for logo is a Pineapple so the box I'll make will be perfect

Comment

Dan, I've never seen the Guinevere system in that Woodcraft. I have bought from KA Tools.

EDIT: I just realized your post was a year old! I had searched on Guinevere and didn't read the date closely!
          Last edited by SteveK; 03-21-2013, 10:40 PM.
          Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

Interesting. I bought my Guinevere system from Woodcraft about 4 years ago. I order the sleeves from Judy Gale Roberts.

Jan

Comment

Jan,
              From woodcraft.com or from a store? If a store, which one?

You know about Shockoe Slip, have you lived or visited here?
              Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X