displaying my ignorance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• displaying my ignorance

Computor help question? several times now ,I have tediously typed threads of consideral volume ,taking a lot of time as a type expert I'm not,always at the very end ,I bump the control key and it locks the page the print curser even the scroll up-dn locked .if I hit the back button it erases the message but leaves the heading ,by then I so emotionly involved and descussed w/my finger ,I hang up and leave.Other than removing that ctrl key under the shift key .,I have another opposite side of space bar anyway,or does this happen to others or am I just lucky.any body know how to retract that comand w/o loosing the work,and starting all over again!Really P.O.ed as it just happened again!
    M.V.B. Carl Dell inspiron 560 w/ wireless key board six months old.

HELP PLEASE!
    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

six months old.
    Hey Carl - is that you, or the computer? LOL!
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

It"s me damit !

Originally posted by jim_mex View Post
      Hey Carl - is that you, or the computer? LOL!
      HELP! But in English ,Not Italiono Or SPANISH OKAY L.O.L. I think.

I feel better talking to my dog for 10 minutes ,than my therapist for 45minutes and neither was any help with this! I'm about ready to remove that key and solve the problem ,once and for all ,it's either that or my finger ,Hmmm mm
      I probabaly will want to use the finger again for something so I guess its the KEY that looses ,if we can't get a simple fix .

M.V.B. CARL DAMIT

Comment

Try doing your typing using a word processor then transfer it to the web page.
        Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
        Desert Woodcrafters
        Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Hi Carl - As a master of typos I certainly feel your pain!

I use Stephen's technique except that I usually write long winded posts - of which I'm a bit of an expert, LOL! - in a text file created on my desktop - right button click > New > Text Document - and then copy and paste that into the reply box, fixing any spelling errors that show up.

I always go into advanced reply and do a preview to see if there are any spacing errors

If you want to spend a few bucks you could look around for an alternative keyboard, wireless or otherwise, that feels more to your liking. Personally I don't like Dell keyboards in general, they always seem a little to flat to me but then I have fingers like a gorilla!

Hope this is of a little more help than my previous comment - hehehe!
          Jim in Mexico

- Albert Einstein

Comment

Hey Carl if this helps....I can do that too!! Especially with very long reply's doing my best to translate in english and not to make typo's.... I can even close my internet browser with that same button...a lot of things happens!
            Gonna check out what Jim said on my desktop...
            Frieke
            www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

It works!!! Thank you so much Jim!
              I pushed the Ctrl button and nothing happens...my text stays there...lol
              Go for it Carl!
              Frieke
              www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Hey Frieke - I should have made it really clear that the procedure is

....desktop - right button click > New > Text Document - and then WRITE YOUR POST OR REPLY INFO INTO THE NEW TEXT DOCUMENT then copy and paste that into the reply box - LOL!
                Last edited by jim_mex; 03-09-2012, 04:44 AM.
                Jim in Mexico

- Albert Einstein

Comment

You were right,AGAIN DAMIT

Jim, at our 35th aniversery get together ,I was ask the longevity secret,which I replied ignorance ,my wife thought I said ignorant ,and I recieved a jab in the ribs,so I explained ,no one is perfect except me LOL and we all have and do things we can't or won't change for a reason known only to ourselves ,So If , its non-earth crashing and just annoying ,ignore it ,other positives far outweigh those any way,and only cause problems you can't explain and mess up your head. Plus ,life is to short to try hide my abundance of things I'm ignorant about ,plus memory and truth are cousins not twins ,and memory is the second thing to go ,I can't remember the first.But thanks to your memory I can just hit the repeat button on my next question.lol thanks guys I will try your tip I really appreciate your help,I did this the old way but warned my finger not to help!M.V.B.
                  Carl

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jimern
                    Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                    by Jimern
                    The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                    Today, 06:29 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                    by will8989
                    The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                    Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by will8989
                    Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                    Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                  • tgiro01
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by tgiro01
                    Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                    Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                    Yesterday, 06:47 PM
                  Working...
                  X