When your hometown implodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When your hometown implodes

Yesterday was one of those days you just won't forget. Around 7:30 yesterday morning our high school became a battlezone as 5 students were shot. Some heroic action and a well thought out plan executed superbly by the school controlled the chaos. As of this morning 2 have died, 1 is still critical, and 2 are serious/stable. Please keep the kids and their families in your prayers as they all try to work through this physically and emotionally. Thanx.
    Bruce
    . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
    visit sometime
    Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

It is terrible and outrageous!
    Our thoughts are with everyone!

It's all fun
    Terry
    Craftsman 18"
    Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

My heart goes out to you, Bruce. As a former resident of Euclid, I was shocked to hear that Chardon had become the next in what seems to be an increasing trend toward deadly student violence. Prayers for the families of those killed or hurt, as well as the family of the disturbed young man who caused so much heartache.

Comment

This is heartbreaking!!
        What happened to the days when we simply went to the parking lot and duked it out.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rolf - the ones getting beat up all the time decided to get back at the ones doing the bullying the only way they know how. Until kids (and adults) quit "duking it out" the violence will continue.
          Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Bruce - my prayers go out to the town and the families involved. Such a tragedy that could have been prevented.
            T
            Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Bullying. It used to be that you would get teased at school over a few things. Everyone did. But there was always an escape. When you got home, all that was left behind. Now you can't get away from it. With cell phones, texting, facebook, etc. The nastiness follows where ever you go. We try to teach our kids to rise above it. Ignore it. Combat it in healthy ways. But it can still be so difficult to overcome. I can't imagine the heart ache of those parents. Who ever would have thought when they sent their kids off to school from home, that they would never come back again. The nation is with those in Chardon.
              Keith

Comment

Evelyn and I will keep all those effected my this tragedy in our prayers.
                sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
                To all who serve or have served, Thank you
                Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Forester21 View Post
                  ... the ones getting beat up all the time decided to get back at the ones doing the bullying the only way they know how.
                  Unfortunately, this time the answer isn't that simple. The shooter made his first appearance in court today, but since he's a minor (17) the juv court judge imposed a gag order until charges are filed and they decide whether or not they are going to try him as an adult. One thing that did come out was that this was not a case of bullying or harrassment. When the story first broke, they thought the kids that were shot were "targeted," but it has now come out that they were completely random ... the shooter just "wanted to shoot some people."

The sad follow-up is that one more of the victims has died (total of 3 now). A bit of good news is that one of the students shot has been released from the hospital and is home with her family. One student remains in the hospital in serious condition.
                  Bruce
                  . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
                  visit sometime
                  Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

I too am from NorthEast Ohio and can not turn on the radio or TV without seeing again the news of this terrible event. My thoughts and prayers are with the students and families affected by this incident.
                    Tammy

Pressure makes diamonds

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X