New Desk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Desk

While this has nothing to do with scroll sawing, I thought I would share it as a general wood working project that I'm reasonably proud of. This is a desk that I designed and built myself. Its overall dimensions are 5'-5" x 9'-1 1/2" with 28" deep work surfaces.

My company moved to new digs where I have a much larger office and since I was unable to find a desk to buy that gave me what I wanted, I decided to build my own.

Overall, the project took less than 3 weeks of weekends and nights (53 hours of build and finish time) but I got it done in time for the move!

The attached pictures illustrate the major milestones from the beginning to final assembly.
    Attached Files
    Steve

Visit My Gallery

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"
    Isaac Asimov

Looks good. It looks like you can break it down for transport so what kind of joints and connectors did you use?
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks Rolf, I used pocket screw joinery (Kreg) for the vast majority of it specifically because I needed the ability to break it down for transport.
      Steve

Visit My Gallery

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"
      Isaac Asimov

Comment

You did a great Job ,It's beautiful,You could scroll a scene for the front ,that would be awsome,Question though ,WHATS THAT WHITE STUFF OUT THE WINDOW ,LOL Scroll work or intarsia on the wall would be perfect.
        My Very Best!
        Carl
        "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
        Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

Congratulations on your new office space! The desk came out really well, and I'm sure it will help make you feel at home in the new location. Not to mention creating a lot of admiration among your co-workers. Wouldn't be surprised if you started getting orders.
          Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Very nice! What finish did you use?
            Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Thanks everyone, I do fully intend to decorate the walls with scroll saw artwork

Bill, I used Minwax wipe on high gloss polyurethane for the finish: 4 coats for the tops, 3 for the sides and 2 everywhere else.
              Steve

Visit My Gallery

Isaac Asimov

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X