Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent prayer request

This is Evelyn and Dan.
    We are asking for a special prayer request for our daughter and her family.
    Our son in law attempted to kill himself on Thursday. Our daughter caught him before he could do any serious damage, but it was very traumatic for her. (More so probably because her uncle committed suicide in 2007.)
    Our son in law is in a hospital, at least until Monday, for some help. However, he doesn't believe there is anything wrong with him, he believes everything is wrong with her and everything is her fault.
    He has some serious issues to deal with, and we are asking you to pray for him. That he will get the help he needs. He has serious anger management issues and that causes a lot of problems for them.
    Much appreciation and prayers sent your way for keeping all of us in your prayers.
    Thank you so much.
    Dan and Evelyn
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you all. Thank goodness your daughter was able to catch him.

Tim
    Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

Dan and Evelyn,

I'm so sorry for your troubles. It's sad when emotional issues overtake someone, and even sadder when they don't realize that it's their issues. Maybe your son-in-law's suicide attempt was a way to shout loudly that he needs help, in a way that could not be ignored.

I can't believe that any responsible hospital will just release him without a plan in place to protect him and his family from further harm. I hope he and your daughter get the help and support they need to see them through this, and that there's a happy ending to this story. With competent help and appropriate meds, he may be able to return to a more normal way of life. And if not, your daughter will need help to go on with her own life.

Please keep us updated on their progress, and try to stay strong.
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I am going to keep you in my prayers but your daughter needs to be very careful as once he is out of the hospital they have no more concern for him or you outside their doors. They are busy with the next person coming in. It maybe hard but you might need to get her to your minister and discuss this incident frankly and openly with the minister, your daughter and yourselves before he is released.

Sorry if I seem cold but a recovery plan is always better when thought out ahead.

God bless you and your family my prayers are with you for a GOOD OUTCOME.

Comment

Been there. Don't mess around and get with the pro's. I've been working with a head doctor for a couple of years now. My luck was a once in a million misfire.
          I will definitely keep you all in my prayers.
          May the wind at you back .....
          Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

You are in our prayers.

Dan and Glenda

Comment

you all are in our prayers from the lemanski family

Comment

May Thy Will Be Done . . . .

John
                I've Got A Lot More To Learn
                About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
                "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

My heart is with you and your family.
                  DeWalt 788

Comment

My heart goes out to you Dan, I've been in a similar situation with my daughters first husband. Professional help is the way to go. Be patient and supportive and you will get through this. My prayers are with you
                    Mick
                    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and continued prayers in this difficult time. We always pray that God's will be done. He is able to talk to her on the phone twice a day. He is not blaming her for all of this like he normally does. She has told him that his thoughts and actions are his own and she can not be responsible for them. He told her it is easier to blame her, than to believe it on himself. That is a HUGE change for him. It will be decided on Monday what the next action will be. Whether he stays where he is for more help or if it will be done on an outpatient basis. All of us are praying it will be inpatient for awhile longer. Of course, it will be whatever God has decided.
                      We will keep you updated.
                      Thank you.
                      Dan and Evelyn
                      sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
                      To all who serve or have served, Thank you
                      Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

Prayer Request

I pray that God will be with you and your family during this time.
                        jellis

Comment

Dan and Evelyn my prayers are with you and your loved ones. Suicide is Satan at his best. We are made in God's image, he can't get the big guy so we are the best he can do. Please remind your daughter and son in-law that one of Satan's temptations to Christ was just this.

throw yourself down, for it is written,...
                          Matt 4:5-6 (ESV)

also

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
                          Eph 6:10-12 (ESV)

May the Lord bless and keep your family so very close in these troubled times.
                          Kip

Scrollin' with an Ex-21

http://eco-friendly-woodworks.com/

I WAITED patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
                          He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
                          And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
                          He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
                          Many will see and fear
                          And will trust in the Lord.
                          Psalm 40:1-3

Comment

Dan, my prayers are with you and your entire family, please keep us posted.

Mike

Comment

Prayers are out to your family
                              Diane
                              Dragon
                              Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                              Owner of a Dewalt 788
                              PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics