Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it really

Hello All
    OK I've asked this question with some of my friends and we can not come up with an answer that makes sense. A grocery store chain now have it own in house QA department. You may say that's a good thing. How for the question since when does a QA department do housekeeping work and nothing more. Hold on maybe that might explain why some product these days are not as good as they should be. The QA department is cleaning the restrooms. Does anyone have any thought on this.
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

I work for a company that builds electronic systems for aviation. Our QA department seldom says anything about the products, but don't have anything in your trash can because it "makes us look messy and wasteful" My navy QA dept checked the equipment period.
    fredfret
    AT1 Ret

Comment

If that is their primary focus it does not make sense.
      I was a QA manager in a small electronics firm for about 2 years. We only focused on product quality. Everyone hates you, production because you ? the quality of the work, customers when the product isn't perfect. I tolerated nothing less than perfect, that ticked off managment because it slowed production, but the customers loved us. Cleaning bathrooms would have been a lot less stressful.
      I went back to an R&D evironment getting paid to be creative is a heck of a lot more fun.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Does this store have a business plan? Is QA identified in the business plan as clean bathrooms? If so, then this makes sense! Sounds like gross lack of training.

Comment

I would suspect that QA would mean something much different in a business such as a grocery store than it does in a manufacturing environment. It wouldn't necessarily be product related quality they are assuring, because presumeably that is determined by the various suppliers. So that leaves things that would make direct impressions on the customers, such as clean restrooms, attractive displays, competent & curteous employees, etc. I've never heard QA used in this context. I presume they just ursurped a manufacturing buzzword because someone thought it sounded cool when they floated the concept at some board meeting.
          Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Quality can be a very big and broad term. It is important for any company to define the range and scope of what does/does not apply. Quality could be applied to
            * department sanitation conditions and processes (meat/deli/bakery/produce)
            * baggers and checker accuracy
            * accounting practices and reports

Left unspecified everything could fall under Quality Assurance (QA).
            Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

As far as I know the only thing the QA people do is clean. I was a QAR, CDQAR and CDI when I was in the Navy and the only time I would be concerned about cleaning was when doing a corrosion inspection on an aircraft and that was to be sure the aircraft had been washed. Other then that I didn't really care if the shop I was in to do an inspection had clean floors. Maybe the company thinks that QA sounds better the housekeeping.
              sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
              To all who serve or have served, Thank you
              Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

Word prostitition & politicaly correct

My father told me as a young man ,If you can't dassel them with briliance,then baffle them with Bull S--- ! We live in an age where that has become an art form . NEW & IMPROVED ! Huh! Undocumented aliens !WHAT! If you can"t convince them CONFUSE THEM, and we all look good ,Man what a plan ,looks and asteam ,the new world ,where everybodies a winner ,and we have a greif counciler in every school ,of course jobs are scarce ,BUT TITLES ARE UNLIMITED, AMEN!
                MY VERY BEST TO the Rightfully Confused!
                Carl
                "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
                Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                  Reply to New tools
                  by jim_mex
                  Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                  Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                • Hobbyhorse
                  Reply to New tools
                  by Hobbyhorse
                  Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                  Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                • Hobbyhorse
                  Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                  by Hobbyhorse
                  Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                  Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                • KarlB
                  Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                  by KarlB
                  Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                  Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                • KarlB
                  Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                  by KarlB
                  Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                  Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                Working...
                X