Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got any good ideas for recycling old CD's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got any good ideas for recycling old CD's ?

Come on all you brainy people out there,- this is for you.
    Old CD's / DVD's There's literally millions of 'em around the place. Unfortunately most people simply throw them into the Trash without any positive thought on ways to recycle them.
    Have had a look on the internet,- heaps of simple, basic ideas for recycling CD's, - mostly suitable for Kids Projects, etc.
    Almost nothing about including CD's / DVD's in Woodworking Projects.
    There must be some good useful ideas, and / or projects somewhere that incorporate CD's / DVD's in useful Woodworking projects.
    Come on Guys, ( & Girls ), put your, " thinking caps on."- See what you can come up with.

Christmas ornaments, small "mirrors" for doll accessories, reflective backers for fretwork designs, suncatchers, and i'm sure this group can come up with some more.
    fredfret
    Wichita, Ks

Comment

Hey, Roger, how about painting them, or aren't you an artist? Or make clock's of them & just cut out whatever, from them. Use your imagination, let it go !
      PERK

Comment

I use them for sails on wind chimes and flashers on strings to chase birds out of the garden.
        Something Profound

Comment

Here is a site with some ideas.

Recycle It: Things you can do with old CD's

Norm

Comment

Like Bill, above, I hang them in the fruit trees to "scare" the birds.

I have not cut them myself, but I have seen them made into clock faces and scrolled as ornaments and mirrors.

Let us know if you come up with any great ideas

Sue

Comment

I saw them used as wheels on a rubber band powered car. I believe it was on youtube

Comment

I cut out silhouettes of a bride and groom, glued that onto the CD's with shiny side up
                and my wife and daughter added fake flowers and leaves and used them on the reception tables for my daugher's wedding.
                They were well liked. Enough so that several people stole some and some people
                requested one for souveneirs. The original idea was to do the same with mirrors but,
                for the price difference the ladies thought I had a pretty good idea! LOL
                God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I saw this today, and it reminded me of this thread.

Hey, Blank CDs Are Cheaper Than Swimwear - Poorly Dressed People of the World - Fashion Fails

Comment

They make great helicopter blades if your making helicopters for needy children!
                    Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
                      Reply to Interesting pallet
                      by Jim McDonald
                      I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
                      But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
                      Today, 08:17 PM
                    • Quartz43
                      Reply to New tools
                      by Quartz43
                      I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                      Today, 03:40 PM
                    • hotshot
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by hotshot
                      You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                      Today, 02:27 PM
                    • RJweb
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by RJweb
                      I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                      Today, 01:31 PM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Shrink wrap systems
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                      Today, 11:51 AM
                    Working...
                    X