snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snow

Here it is...first day of snow in michigan this year. It's snowing pretty hard right now, about 1/2 inch on the grass and leaves. Time to fill the propane pig for the barn...winter is my best scrolling season because there is no grass to cut, no trips with kids to the beach either.
    Jeff Powell

I wonder if it is time to put away my shorts for the year here in BC.
    Naww we still have roses in full bloom

That snow does sound refreshing though.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Yes, we get alot more snow than you do in the vancouver area, but your winters are more depressing with all that rain. I used to live in East Van...for many years because I'm Canadian too, but I have been living in the US now for about 7 years. I'm still a canadian citizen though, so here's to the christmas spirit....On the fourth day of christmas my true love gave to me, 4 Maple trees, 3 strips of bacon, 2 hockey sticks and a Beer !
      Jeff Powell

Comment

Still a hoser eh!
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

I Love Snow as I was born surrounded by the lovely Alps.
          Here in Verona, close to lake garda, though it is northern Italy we have olive trees and lemons. It is still around 25° Celsius (who knows how many fareneight…). That makes it impossible to go in the workshop in July and August…

Comment

25° sounds good to me right now.

It is 15° windy and raining here, the trees are starting to loose their leaves (mostly in my pool, of course) and it's been like that for a few days.

Kinda depressing actually: real Autumn weather with a hint of winter smell in the air.

Aaaaaaaaaargh! I hate snow!
            And I had to be born in Québec, and live here all my life.

When I think of moving to warmer climates, I think of all the venomous bugs (what? You have black widow spiders, rattle snakes and/or scorpions?) and other critters, and then kinda like the snow a wee bit little more, but not much.

Then summer comes and we have the mosquitoes that may be carrying the Nile virus. There's no way to win with mother nature around.

Regards,
            Marcel
            http://marleb.com
            DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

It was coming down in the Chicago area this morning, but melted when it hit the ground.
              Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Well, it ain't snowin' in Florida. It's 84F here That's 28C for you northern folk.

Come on down, Marcel, you'll love it. Oh, yea, bring bug spray .

-Bill
                Last edited by wwalker47; 10-12-2006, 12:34 PM.
                -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Yeah, we got snow here already too. Just enough to turn the ground white and cause a bunch of fender benders in the metro area. We also had a wind chill of 10 degrees fahrenheit this morning. Way too early for this. Even the robins are acting nervous today. Of course, it's the procrastinators that are still here. I haven't left the house today and I don't plan to. It's a perfect day to get my harley davidson scrolled for a customer. I just finished her dachsund but am not looking forward to the bike. Lotsa small parts.
                  Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                  www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

No snow here in Central Indiana but is cold and the wind is blowing. No telling what it will blow in.

Bob
                    Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

I have a couple inches on the ground now and it's still coming down. Thunder and lighting snow too. I wish that person in italy could send me some olive and lemon wood. I have some olive, but I'm sure it's from africa and not from italy, and I wish I could have tons of it, but it's expensive stuff.
                      Jeff Powell

Comment

We had a sprinkle of snow here today, not enough to turn the ground white, but enough to let us know winters' just around the corner. I don't mind though, I'm one of those weird people who actually prefers winter over summer, just can't stand the heat.
                        LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Walker, I be down there about Christmas. I go to Seminole near St. Petersburg.

Comment

It's not snowing in South Texas either(I don't think I know what snow looks like except what I have seen on TV lol) It's been @ 85-90 deg. but we have lots of fire ants and bugs Marcel.
                            Bill
                            Delta P-20

Comment

Hmmm,

Fire ants? No thank-you

Although... Would a handfull replace my snowblower to clear my driveway? We could start a lucrative business here. He he

They are talking of making winter tires mandatory here in the near future.

That is a good thing, four season tires aren't sufficient here. Too many accidents caused by people that have them and haven't adapted their driving to the weather.

Marcel
                              Last edited by Marcel in Longueuil; 10-13-2006, 12:29 AM.
                              http://marleb.com
                              DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X