rose and thorns; my wife's Valentine's Day gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rose and thorns; my wife's Valentine's Day gift

I just finished painting this for my wife. I saw a quotation on facebook and it gave me the idea to paint her a rose instead of buying her one and use a portion of the quotation as part of the image. I've been a thorn in her side for many years so maybe she'll appreciate this. I sure hope so.

Bubba
    Attached Files
    "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

That's lovely. But I'll bet she's sad that you think of yourself as a thorn in her life.
    DeWalt 788

Comment

Sad, Sally?? Nahhhh...she's a realist. She knows I can be a real pain sometimes but she chooses to love me anyway, despite my sometimes less-than-desirable qualities. That's the sentiment behind the gift.
      Thanks for replying.

Bubba
      "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

I think it is lovely, and I am sure she will appreciate it - I know I would!

Comment

The thorns on a rose represent the bad things in life that happen. Not necessarily the bad traits in a person. If you as a couple can weather the thorns in life is your true test as a couple. The thorns are more like deaths in the family or bad accidents. If you make it through the thorns then you can appreciate the rose so much more.
          I just read this story about the thorns maybe 4-5 months ago. Wish I kept the story so I could post it. It was very cool, but I gave you the Readers Digest version of it.

Comment

Very nice Bubba , she'll love it as she loves you...
            Frieke
            www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
              Reply to New tools
              by Quartz43
              I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
              Today, 03:40 PM
            • hotshot
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by hotshot
              You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
              Today, 02:27 PM
            • RJweb
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by RJweb
              I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
              Today, 01:31 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Shrink wrap systems
              by Linda In Phoenix
              What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
              Today, 11:51 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Sundays market
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
              Today, 11:39 AM
            Working...
            X