wolf pair and old farmall tractor...painted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolf pair and old farmall tractor...painted

These are two pictures I painted recently as birthday presents.
    The tractor goes to my uncle in PA who was actually run over by a tractor like the one I painted. It threw him after the governor broke going down a hill and he landed in front of the left tire and the tractor ran over his head. The only thing that saved him (by the grace of God) was the fact that it had snowed and the ground was about 12 inch deep mud. He got up and walked out to his brother's place and was taken to the hospital. Tough ol' bugger. So, our standing joke is...not even a tractor can take Uncle Reuben out. He'll be 63 in April.
    The wolf pair is for my son, who loves wolves and will appreciate the symbolism of this picture...protecting those we love. His birthday is Feb. 11th.
    Thanks for looking. Any comments you may want to make will be welcome.

Bubba
    Attached Files
    "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Well done on the pair of them. I remember driving an ol tractor like that. The narrow wheels always scared me as it was easy to turn on it's side.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Wow Bubba, I am very impressed....You do awesome work. I tried to pick a favorite but couldn't. Ron
      Ron

Comment

Thanks, Mike. I know what you mean about those ol' tractors. They could be tricky.

Ron, the technique I use makes it easy. Thanks for the encouragement.

Bubba
        "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

My wife paints and loved the pics.. She would love to know what the technique is if you were willing to share.
          Ron
          Ron

Comment

Look in WIP forum

Originally posted by joleet View Post
            My wife paints and loved the pics.. She would love to know what the technique is if you were willing to share.
            Ron
            Ron, I posted a how-to on this technique in the WIP section because there were a few who had expressed interest in hand-painting images for puzzles, etc.

Here is the link (I hope)...if it doesn't work, PM me.

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/wor...cess/43010.htm

Bubba

Comment

WOW, both of those are beautiful. You have a gift!
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks Rolf. It isn't so much talent as it is color coordination. I love colors and I love nature. I just put the two together and things happen.

Bubba

Comment

Bubba... Thanks for the link, I made a copy and gave it to my wife. She paints with acrylics and oils, so she's excited on trying it out....Ron
                  Ron

Comment

Outstanding on both C.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    If your son likes wolves here is a link to a site with some of the best photos (wolf) I've seen that he may enjoy. Rob
                    First People of America and Canada - Native American Indians. Turtle Island. Legends, Treaties, Clipart.
                    May the wind at you back .....
                    Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Thanks Oily! Glad you"re back (sorta). I'll check out that link.

Bubba

Comment

Excellent work, Bubba! As already stated, you certainly do have talent!
                        God Bless! Spirithorse

Comment

Awesome works Bubba ! I like both of them.. you're uncle is a very lucky man!
                          Frieke
                          www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Hi Bubba, Beautiful Work!!! I am lucky if I can paint something one color and get to turn out right. I love your painting but hate that type of tractor front end. I have been told of an uncle that was not so lucky with one of those tractors but that was years before my time and could have had some operator error involved. But the picture of the wolves you can hang that on my wall anytime. That is wonderful and thanks for sharing your many talents. Steve
                            If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
                            My Gallery
                            [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Frieke.

Steve, honestly, I can't emphasize enough how easy it is to do pictures like this using the technique I use. Maybe nothing this intricate at first, but certainly less detailed images are possible. Why not take a look at my "how-to." It can't hurt to look. It could open the door to so many new experiences. Having said that, I realize there is no hobby that can be mastered by everyone but at least I've given a lot of them a try.

Bubba

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X