Trend system has arrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trend system has arrive

Received the new Trend airshield pro yesterday. Amazon said two days it showed up about 6:00PM...discounted the price and few two day shipping.

It takes about 24 hours to first charge the battery and I also bought a 2nd battery I will do the same. It says recharge time is 14 hours...seems a bit long, but I have the 2 batteries, so it should not be a problem. Seems to be built very well. Odd having something set on your head, but once the battery is charged and air flow is working, perhaps it won't be bad wearing...learn curve I"m sure.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hawaiilad; 01-28-2012, 01:34 PM.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

OK, I won't make any Darth Vadar jokes.

Larry, if this does the job, and lets you continue enjoying your woodworking safely, it's worth the cost and discomfort. Keep us posted on your progress (and post pix of you in your new gear).
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Gee Carole,
      I was just about to say, "Luke, I am your Father. Search your heart. You know it to be true".

I guess nothing will keep a scroller down...
      Good for you. Let us know how it works for you...
      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
      No task is too tedious for Art.
      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Yea I thought the jokes would start soon...and you are correct...does look like Star Wars all over again. I'm sure I will be bumping into everything and have to learn how tight to tighten the head band so it doesn't squeeze you head off and still be tight enough on the head. But being able to have clear breathing doesn't not seem to be a problem.
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

I know several turners that wear them all the time (while turning and sanding). They swear by them. They told me it took about a week to get used to it.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Just as an aside there is an interesting air supplied respirator just come on the market from Australia
            CleanSpace - the world's smallest powered air respirator

Comment

Kiwi, that looks like something I would like a lot. Thanks for the link.
              Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
              Desert Woodcrafters
              Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

I've recently been diagnosed with sleep apenea. I am thinking about building a filter box for my cpap machine, and using it when I scroll to help me get used to wearing it. Does anyone know any reason not to? The mask seals well even with my full beard and facial hair.

I just won't be able to blow the dust with my mouth anymore.
                Political correctness is always political and rarely correct!

Comment

Anyone have other information on the CleanSpace respirator?
                  Hawaiilad
                  Larry

Comment

This looks like a very nice respirator for sure. I wonder if it is available in the us yet

kendall

Comment

The wife allowed me a little shop time yesterday.. Of course I had to wear the Trend Pro while I was out there. Came to find out it will be a bit of learning curve. Just have to remember to put it on. A little noise, but then I am hard of hearing anyway. I did not smell and of the saw dust nor any of the Poly I was coating with. The unit does set pretty good on your head...just make a bit tighter around the top of your head...did not seem like it would fall off when I bent over. Of course I was only in there a little bit. With out the cooling fan It would be very warm..but with it, I had a little sweat but not much.
                      Hawaiilad
                      Larry

Comment

Darn it Larry! - The Star Wars crowd beat me to it ,
                        so I'll just say that as an aging Brit ex biker (Triumph Bonneville and Norton Commando) that helmet looks a darn sight more snazzier than my original headgear used to look!

Hope it does its job for you pal and you are soon back to just raising dust instead of raising and swallowing it!
                        Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Hey Larry - I'm not sure if I would want to go snorkeling in my workshop but for dealing with nasty solvents and without the need for the noise of a motor upsetting you here's another breather from down under with a very amusing sales pitch video. And yep, being bearded is no problem for this one

Gill's Breather - YouTube
                          Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Jim,
                            That is awesome too bad it is not available ...yet.

Larry glad it is working for you.
                            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
                              It is so cute (Christmas deer)
                              by alexscrollsaw
                              "It is so cute" - it is the first what I hear when I show this project. I haven’t done 3D patterns for a long time (about a year), it’s quite difficult and takes a long time. But I don’t regret the time I spent on this new pattern - Christmas deer, I think it turned out great. It is...
                              Today, 02:03 PM
                            • markdavd
                              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                              by markdavd
                              I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
                              Today, 09:45 AM
                            • NC Scroller
                              by NC Scroller
                              My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                              Today, 07:42 AM
                            • will8989
                              by will8989
                              None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                              Today, 12:20 AM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                              The bags seem easier on the surface.
                              But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                              Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                            Working...
                            X