WordPress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WordPress?

I currently have my website with Office Live Small Business. This has been great since I got in during beta testing and they provided the hosting and domain name at no charge. My thought was to establish a web presence now in anticipation of a part-time business when I retire from my day job. Then after a while they stopped covering the domain name (although they did offer a no cost alternative), and now they're stopping their free hosting. All this to say I'm not ready to spend the money for a website just yet. A friend recommended something called Wordpress. Apparently they offer free hosting for a very minimal web presence where I can display pictures of my woodworking along with short descriptions (which is all I need right now). Does anyone out there have any experience with this site? Are there any others to look at? I'd appreciate the advice.
    Bruce
    . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
    visit sometime
    Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

You might also look at
    Web hosting provider - Bluehost.com

or perhaps..

Web Hosting by StartLogic
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Wordpress is the way to go for websites in the future. There is wordpress.com and also wordpress.org. in the .com site things are quite limited and can change at any time. In the .org site you have complete control over content and layout. You can change content at anytime and as often as you want. You do need to have a domain name usually about $10/yr and hosting is as little as $3.95/month.
      Send me a pm and we can talk more if you want.
      Bill

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X