Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta take the bad with the good

Hello all

I've not been contributing much or cutting much since November. When Brady broke his arm in October he had to wear the cast until Mid November. They said at the time the arm was not completely healed and had to put on another cast for another month. They took that cast off but were still concerned. He goes back today to have it checked.

His friends mom was going thru cancer treatments and my wife was taking her son back and forth to visit. She's received a clean slate.

My friend who had throat cancer had his pet scan at the end of November. It's been two years and he's clean.

New Store owners here in town have agreed to display some of my scroll work

My Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer in November. He's done his radiation and they have started Chemo. He spent Christmas day in the hospital here. They were to keep him overnight for observation and ended up there for a week. Brady never once complained about not being able to get his gifts for over a week from Grampa and Grandma.

Monday morning I got a call at about 5 AM, Dad had gotten up on his own for some reason and his knee gave out and he collapsed. It took quite some time to get him back up and into bed. He didn't seem much better that night. Tuesday the phone rang once again shortly after 5 AM. He was having trouble and needed to go to ER. The wheelchair would not fit thru the bedroom door. Had to get him on a rolling dining room chair, out to the living room and then into the wheelchair and then to the car and up to the hospital. Finally got him home and on the couch. My wife checked on them last night after work. He was still dozing on the couch.

So like I said gotta take the good with the bad and I can take the good about my Dad at any time now.

Dan

You seem to be dealing with these life situations Dan, good for you. Sometimes there is just nothing we can do but pray and take life as it comes.
    Glad to read your new store in town will be displaying your work...must be good stuff.
    Would love to see some photos. Take care, come by often.....we care.
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Seems like you've had a bit more than your fair share but that happens sometimes.
      Hope your dad gets better.
      I fractured my foot once and it took about 5 months for it to heal and I still have trouble with it,
      and it's been several years ago that happened.
      Some calcium supplements might help with the healing in the boy's arm, but ask the doctor first.

Comment

Wow you have had a plate full for sure. I hope you are able to find a few minutes to make some sawdust, for your own therapy and escape. Best wishes to everyone concerned for a full and rapid recovery.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Sorry to hear Dan. Life sometimes throws us numerous curve balls. Been there done that. Back in 2008 my dad and MIL passed away 8 days and 600 miles a part. Take it one day at a time and never every loose your faith.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Sorry to hear about all the problems. You seem to be handling them well. Hugs and prayers from here to you and your family.

Jan

Comment

Many prayers going your way.....
              Keep your chin up.
              I've seen the good and the bad myself..
              God bless you and your's...
              Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
              No task is too tedious for Art.
              Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
              Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Thanks everyone. Bradys arm is still not completely healed. They say there is still a hairline crack where the bone was broken. He's mad because they told him no snowboarding for at least another month yet. But he does not have to go back.

Dad's another story. He ended up back in ER last night. They finally admitted him into the hospital. He was sleeping when I finally came home last night. Will stop up there again this AM before I go to work.

Dan

Comment

I can empathize with you. My mother had a stroke a couple of weeks ago and had to air lifted to the hospital. I beat them there and had to wait for her to arrive. Found out my old van will do 105. She was finally released to a rehab unit so I am there every day as well as yesterday was called to sub in a 6th grade classroom then spend the evening in the rehab unit. Shortly after I got home, my niece called and my sister who was having an angiogram had problems as they wound up going in both sides and then they didn't seal so she was bleeding and went into atrial fibrillation so is being kept to treat that.
                  I understand the pressures you have but now must get to the laundry.

Comment

Dan I am really sorry to hear what you are going through right now with your family. Being sick sucks allot. Prayers from our household are being sent and we are hoping everyone heals fast...
                    Hawaiilad
                    Larry

Comment

They airlifted my Dad to another hospital about 2:30 this am.

Flying Dutchman Mike. My wife sent emails out this morning at around 2:40 AM to my brothers. It looks like she inadvertantly got your name in the list instead of my brother Mike in Seattle. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X