Business cards - here's mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business cards - here's mine

I feel that business cards are very beneficial for spreading the word for any enterprise. They are probably the most cost efficient form of advertising you can find. I have always designed and printed my own. Not only is it much more cost efficient, but you can change them whenever you like without having to wait for the remaining 450 to be used. Just make sure they have enough contact info and a place to view your work. I think the pictures help too. A card with just your name and phone number is going to be blah. Dress it up. You are an artist. Also, use good quality paper. I use 80# cover - Royal Linen. I'm sure there are others out there with nicer and more unique cards and I'd love to see them. I'm always open to new ideas.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Minnesota scroller; 10-03-2006, 05:45 PM.
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

nice thread

I too like the idea of a business card.
    I just use mine for contact or glue it to the back of a project.
    I also have a rubberstamp with my logo but the quality isn't as good.
    The text looks funny in the picture of the card. Darn pixels anyway!
    I print my own on cardstock from Walmart. I think I pay around $2.50 for 100 cards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CanadianScroller; 10-03-2006, 05:53 PM.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

What perfect timing Mike
      I have been fiddling with this and would love some pointers. Those both look really good
      What program did you use ? Same question for Carl .

Any pointers at all from anyone would be much appreciated. I'm fairly creative, but kind've stoopid when it comes to computer programs
      ...~Robert~
      DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

C'mon Robert, don't sell yourself short. I use an old program that I've had for years called Printshop. There is a similar one out there that I guess is similar called Print Master. These types of programs are quite easy to find in any store that sells software. They are also very user friendly. When designing, don't get fancy with the type. Use no more than 2 different fonts and make sure the fonts are easy to read. Make sure your printer prints crisp text. I would avoid using paper that is specially designed for business cards. They have perforations for separating them after they are printed. They look very unprofessional. Instead, acquire a paper cutter and cut them yourself. You can buy cheap, fairly heavy paper from Walmart but I prefer something more professional looking. This is why I go with something with a little texture. The paper I use isn't only heavier, it's also brighter. It may not be that important but I've printed a lot of business cards for myself and others and I've just gotten a little anal (is that a word?) about some things.
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Dude ! You got some nice stuff in the ol' photobucket there

Printshop huh ? I think The Shop Widow actually has that one in her stash
          Thanx man !
          ...~Robert~
          DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

I have used many programs to do the same card, depending on which computer I am on... they don't let me install programs at work.
            This one is using Microsoft Word.
            If you like free software try Serif PagePlus SE
            I love Serif software it is so easy to use.
            There is a great program out there from Moss Bay Software called OfficePrinter Free to try for 30 days and only $15 after that.
            It is strictly for business cards.
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Me got one too... Well, actually I have two, and yes they do come in handy!
              Attached Files

Comment

I have one too that I just made up and in the process of getting them printed up. I used publisher to make mine.

Carl I was intending on using a graphic similar to yours at first but when I sampled people with my card, people did not know what I did so I changed it to a generic wood working clip art and then people know what I stand for and response was much better, so I'm sticking with that clip art. How do people respond to yours?

Living in Quebec, I need to have it in French and English so I need to have 2 cards. What I opted for was to print one side in French and the other in English so depending on who wants it they just flip it to the side they want. I also had someone who does translation do the translation so there is no mix up in the wording.

Business cards are great but from one area to another they have to be so different to give the same message which make them so interesting. I like the cards that have been posted, I'll try to post mine up soon.

Eric

Comment

Eric most people get my card as they see me doing a demo so the graphic is more relavent then.
                  It is a conversation piece I guess and it allows me to elaborate with them.
                  I could never afford a Velocipede, I know they are making reproductions again, so this is as close as I can get.
                  The detail sure dropped out on the rubberstamp I had made though.I have no idea how it would turn out as a branding iron.
                  CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Here's mine...I think!!!

Hope it uploaded!!! I designed this one a long time ago and generally keep a half dozen or so in my wallet....just in case!!!
                    Attached Files
                    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                      by will8989
                      Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                      Today, 10:32 AM
                    • Sandy Oaks
                      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                      by Sandy Oaks
                      As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                      Today, 09:46 AM
                    • NC Scroller
                      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                      by NC Scroller
                      I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                      Today, 07:42 AM
                    • NC Scroller
                      by NC Scroller
                      I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                      Today, 07:39 AM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                      Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                    Working...
                    X