Christmas Ornaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Ornaments

When we took down the special tree this year My Bride asked me to pack away the Ornaments that I have made and and those I have received. This is an accumulation of several years and totaled 137 scrollsaw ornaments. The special tree is a 4 foot tree just for these. As I packed them away I felt a little sad. Some, a very few, I remembered. Also some, also a very few, had the name and year of the cutter. I decided than and there (actually here and now) that next year when I send out my ornaments, the receiver will know and remember when it was because next year I will find some way of labeling them. And when I receive an ornament if it isn't yet, it will be labeled by me so I will remember the kindness of the one sending it to me. I know I have done this before but I thank all of you who have shared your Christmas with me by honoring me with your hand cut ornament, this year and all the years in the past.......
    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Good point...perhaps some pics would have been nice though...
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

That sounds interesting. I am curious about the tree you have them on. What is that like? Something you built? Just curious.
      John

Comment

Thank you very much for pointing this out Chuck. I have mentioned it in the past and always try to sign my I send out for this very reason since I do like to know who made it for me. I usually do mark the name of the sender on the unsigned ornements, but this year we had some family health problems and I didn't get a couple marked so don't know who made them now.
        Dennis

Comment

That suggestion/request should be posted here before you all start exchanging ornaments the Christmas of 2012.
          Scrollsawers are artists in their own right and artists should always sign their work. You all do some beautiful work and should be proud of what you do.....and maybe in an inconspicuous spot but somewhere do sign and date it.

Comment

Mike, every year I post pictures of the ornaments I have received. Maybe next year, if I remember it, I will take a picture of the tree after I set it up.

John, the four foot tree we set up for the ornaments is an old artificial tree with optic lighting. Nothing fancy. The only thing on it however is only the hand cut ornaments and it does get a bit of attention from guest. I don't want the tree to take that attention from the decorations.

Sawdust, I have a few ornaments from you and I know which ones they are. Thank you.

Catlin, that is a good idea and, if I remember, I will repost this then..
            Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
            Jean De La Bruyere...

l
            Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Hey Chuck, I did the same as you! I have a small artificial tree to display my ornaments at the shows I do. Then I set it up on the landing of our staircase. I Think I had about thirty ornament from my online Friends. the rest were my own. I think I took pictures, I will have to look and see.
              Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

I started writing the scrollers name on the edge of unsigned ornaments in my second year. I now have approximately 70 ornaments from our exchange in the 4 years, and most have a name. I have not come up with a place to show them all off each year but like the idea of a small tree all their own.
                Lois

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X