Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChuckD
    replied
    We got a big, big storm forecast for the Northwest starting tomorrow. According to the forecast there will be at least a foot of snow in Portland and Seattle. That will stop everything because that much snow never falls there, will, hardly ever. However the forecasts here use the rock system for forecasting so I am not worried yet. It is suppose to be at least raining here but the sun is shining and it is 45 degrees. We need the wet to have the green..

Leave a comment:

• jim_mex
    replied
    Here near to Verona in northern Italy most of my Italian work colleagues have been complaining about the lack of snow on the ski slopes around the Italian/Austrian border area. This week the crack of dawn temp. has dropped to 19F, -8C, which is plenty cold enough for me and probably too cold for snow to fall so the only white stuff I can see is on the mountain tops just to the north of us - and I hope it stays that way!

Leave a comment:

• millwab
    replied
    Originally posted by scrolling_grandma View Post
    13 1/2 inches here.
    We got lucky in Chardon for a change. The winds were blowing straight out of the west (instead of NW) and we only got ~4-5". Ten miles north they reported >24"

Leave a comment:

• marshall
    replied
    Originally posted by flyfisherman_53 View Post
    Well I've had bout all I want of it been in the snowbelt of mich all my life. Iam tryin to convinence wife for us to move to Tennesse or Arkansas. There least I can fish for Crappie and Bluegills yr. round.
    I can say that Michigan gets it fair share of bad weather there and they can keep it too , I'll just stay right here .................

Leave a comment:

• Dragon
    replied
    We are suppose to get around 6 inches of snow tomorrow night. I just hope I can make it home after my dance class before all this falls. I guess it's your storm making it's way east.
    Diane

Leave a comment:

• scrolling_grandma
    replied
    13 1/2 inches here.

Leave a comment:

• Ramjet
    replied
    Supposed to get some here in the Vancouver Island B.C. area this week end. Just hope it doesn't hang around long.
    Roger

Leave a comment:

• ChuckD
    replied
    In Oregon, no rain, very little snow, which means no snowpack which means fires in the summer. We are in trouble.

Leave a comment:

• flyfisherman_53
    replied
    Well I've had bout all I want of it been in the snowbelt of mich all my life. Iam tryin to convinence wife for us to move to Tennesse or Arkansas. There least I can fish for Crappie and Bluegills yr. round.
    Last edited by flyfisherman_53; 01-13-2012, 09:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ubgoofy2003
    replied
    flyfisherman, it's called " Lake affect " HA

Leave a comment:

• RichB
    replied
    It's beautiful, isn't it. We didn't get quite as much as you did.

Leave a comment:

• thawkins57
    replied
    As ironic as it might seem, we're really hoping for some snow here in western NV... haven't had any precip since November and there is NO snow pack on the mountains. We're gonna have a real drought this summer if we don't get something soon.

Leave a comment:

• Mick Walker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    That’s great! keep it there.
    We are having a very mild winter so far, it is currently 41 deg here in my part of LI.
    Sunlion I lived just north of Cambridge for about 3.5 years and I only remember snow one week and that was the week I took my TVR to the docks for shipping to the US.

Leave a comment:

• Sunlion
    replied
    Yipes! good luck,

so far so good over here in UK (Well England at least, they did have some on Scotland), last two years were bad, but so far we have escaped the dreaded white stuff.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X