Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this street legal?

Is this Street-legal?

I wonder how the guy driving this little mini truck got in and how he gets out of it.

Mini Kenworth de Transport Jacques Auger - StumbleUpon

Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

So good i looked at it twice.......good one
    not doing much
    and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

COOL!!! Sure turned heads, didn't it? LOL
      A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

Hey, looks real cool Chuck ! I had a classmate who built 3 of them & the smallest one was a remote controll. Was a long time ago & this one looks more detailed. Thanks
        PERK

Comment

Thanks Chuck, I emailed it to some of my friends.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

hehe, took me a second or two to realise its size Lol, thought it was a full sized rig initialy.
            The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

I wanted to see the guy driving it step out of it and stand beside it. He looked like a big guy...from the looks of his arm that you catch a glimpse of.

Comment

My guess is that the front folded out, and the seat is lower than it may seem...
                I dunno, Pretty amazing though...!!!
                Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                No task is too tedious for Art.
                Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Thanks, that's something I want to forward.
                  Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
                  Desert Woodcrafters
                  Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

WOW !! That's one heck of a small Rig!!! Had to run it twice to get a good look of everything. The guy driving it must be a good 6ft. plus," hefty," in size going by his elbow. My guess is that the whole front end probably lifts upwards like some racing car bodies do, and the driver slides in, and the body is lowered back down.
                    ** Some years ago here in Australia there was a half size scale Peterbuilt Rig, which used to travel about this country on a specially constructed trailer, with its owner taking it to all the Aussie truck shows, which from memory, attracted quite a lot of attention from onlookers. Also from memory, I think it was coupled up to a matching set of trailers in Aussie Road-Train confineration which made it even more impressive.

Comment

Darned good work for a scroll saw.....wonder how many blades he went thru.................duhu!

Comment

That's for hauling smaller loads.
                        Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Is that what is meant by "short haul trucking"?

How would the guy get out once it's loaded in the semi? If the cab swings can that happen inside the trailer?

Comment

Hi great video this link goes to a website you need to speak French translation below

Transport Jacques Auger Inc. | Mini Kenworth

In April 2007, Jacques Auger and his friend Donald Gingras decided to make a mini-truck to the Christmas parade in Laurier Station, where they live. Initially the project, the aim was to base a golf cart and give it the appearance of a tractor pulling a tank. But early in the implementation of the project idea has emerged to make a truck scale as close as possible to a real truck pulling a tank such as Fleet Transport Jacques Auger inc.

The prime contractor for the realization was Donald Gingras who was assisted by several subcontractors in this project. A total of 2600 hours was necessary for team members to complete the implementation of the mini and its Kenworth tanker scale 1:2.2.

The engine is a Cummins diesel three-cylinder 1.7 L of 37 hp, which was added a turbo. The transmission is a 5-speed Ford Ranger and differentials are those of the Jeep Suzuki.

All items that have been installed on the Mini Kenworth are functional.

Today, the Mini Kenworth toured festivals in Quebec. It moves in its gleaming 40-foot trailer, pulled by his older brother a W900L Kenworth and can be used for distribution of various beverages.

It may even be available for your event. It is a pleasure for both large and for small to see it unfold before their eyes.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                              Shrink wrap systems
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                              Today, 11:51 AM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              Reply to Sundays market
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                              Today, 11:39 AM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              Reply to New tools
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              New tools can definitely open up the scope of what we can do, or how well I'm on the band wagon. Congrats!
                              Today, 11:36 AM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              Reply to Interesting pallet
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              At work (like 15 years ago) we got in some aluminum sheet on pallets 4'x12'. Those pallets were like brand new, without even any discoloring from the metals. I asked our sales rep, and he said I could keep one pallet. I removed all the 4' boards, which measured about 1/2" thick, 4" wide...
                              Today, 11:32 AM
                            • NC Scroller
                              Reply to Interesting pallet
                              by NC Scroller
                              I agree that needs to be saved for a special project. The wood is likely oak based on the grain pattern and the discoloration around the nail.
                              Today, 11:30 AM
                            Working...
                            X