Post your shop photos. Lets see your workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your shop photos. Lets see your workspace

It sure would be nice to see how different people have their shops set-up!

I'm struggling with a 2 car garage and trying to figure out how I'm going to make everything be fit and functional as well.

I'm currently waiting on my Dewalt Planer to arrive, then Maybe tomorrow I'm going to be forced to pick up a Dust Collector from HF..

I also have an eye on a really nice Jointer.. but dang, I'm running out of room fast..

at the moment I'm using a mobile tablesaw, mainly because of all the on site work that I do along with the lack of space that I have in the garage to work with..

It sure would be nice to see how other's have their areas setup in order to get some idea's.

My workbench was a quick build just to have something prior
    to building my base cabinets. I plan on lowering her a bit and putting some caster on her , this way I can keep her in the center of the area so that I can build my base cabinets with it.

I'm also limited with a ceiling height of 8'
    so I'm going to do a Lil ceiling modification so that I can install a decent Air Filtration unit, like this one. Or build one from scratch.

Buy Jet Air Filtration System Model AFS-1000B at Woodcraft

PS.. Shop will look a bit more organized here in the next few days.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TH'er; 01-04-2012, 08:46 PM.

In the middle of a de-clutter, alteration and general tidy up in mine atm, plus building a suitable support for my saw. Will post some pics tomorrow all being well, weathers been wild here past few days, but settleing now.
    The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Do you still need to park inside your garage? I sacrificed mine so my truck parks outdoors all the time now. I'll get some newer pics of mine now that i have been using it for about 6 months. I have ltoo many tools crammed into mine...Most i keep portable and move em as i need em.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Shops:::

I too, am using my garage for a shop. Because it isn't big enough for an SUV, with the washer & dryer in the front of the garage. I used a discarded water bed base & matching dresser cabinet for my work bench & storage. The bench is each side of the bed base stacked on top of each other. I liked the idea of closed drawers & storage. Works nice for me. I also cut a piece of 3/8 " plywood for a table top on my table saw. It's nice to have another work space, but, unhandy, if you use the table saw in your project. I also use casters on my work pieces, so I can move them when needed. Not everyone will like a particular setup, so it is good to get idea's. Good Luck
        Attached Files
        PERK

Comment

WnT: I keep the Jeep outside and only bring it in on occasion
          if we're about to get a bad storm or something.

Ub: I like that Router station setup you have with the shopVac Did you build the base yourself?

I was going to build the NYW router table but after thinking about it. Time/ labor/ materials I decided against it.. and picked up the Freud setup.. This way it's still a little portable, in case I need to bring it onto a job-site. where my other routers wouldn't work.

I am fortunate enough to have a closet where My A/C air handler is. this way I can store all my Nail guns, grinders, polishers, saw's, etc..

Although I live in a gated community I tend to leave my garage door open on nice days.. I'm able to hide the smaller power tools in the closet this way no one gets any Dumb ideas

Comment

A friend and I built a wooden garage some 18 years ago, and we tagged a small shop on the back end. It was used for DIY and motorcycle building repair until around nine years ago, when it was my DIY and Pyrography workshop. Now it also is where my scrolling will take place.

A bit tight and cluttered at the moment I am still moveing things around to try and make everything more accessable for my needs. I seperate finishing from drilling and sanding, pyro and scroll prep, sawing and fitting etc into distinct small areas to try and keep relatively organised.

I use my two workmate benches quite a lot for various functions, ie as a stand for my Proxxon and my mini tablesaw.

Photos below. Still needs some more organisation to create more space and give the illusion of space, and maybe some more storage boxes to tidy/de-clutter even more areas but getting there.

Pictures came out a bit blurred but you get the idea.
            Attached Files

My Google+

Comment

First off I am impressed with the fact that all of you have horizontal surfaces that are visible. I have a basement shop (I will take a few pictures this weekend) with less than 8' ceilings. What wall space I have is covered with pipes, so no room for cabinets.
              We had a crawl space dug out under our great room and that is where most of my tools are (230 sqft). The biggest problem is wood storage, most of mine is in the ceiling raffters, but all of the small pieces are a pain. If you do intarsia you will understand.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I can pretty well imagine boxes and boxes of small pieces Rolf. In just doing various small jobs in the shed over the christmas period I have filled one box with small yet useable bits of wood that will come in at some point, not to mention a small burn box full already.

I imagine with Intarsia from what little I have seen of the craft that you would accumulate quite a lot of pieces, and bags/boxes of those pieces

My Google+

Comment

it doesn't look this good now. it's time to widen the paths again
                  Attached Files
                  May the wind at you back .....
                  Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Now those are horizontal surfaces I can relate to.
                    Rolf

Comment

I was just aout to feel bad about having such a cluttered and dirty work space but Oily made me feel much better. As soon as you clean it, you won't be able to find anything.
                      Keith

Comment

im in the process of building a 30 x 36 garage(i mean woodshop). i have to leave roof for my girlfriend to park her vehicle in(she is paying for the garage). i figure my tools are worth more than my pickup so my pickup can stay outside. i have yet to have a car salesman as if i kept my pickup in the garage and would give me more for a tradein because of it.

im shingling the roof right now and should be done this weekend. hopefully get the doors in also this weekend. the weather in south dakota has been beautiful. it was over 60 here yesterday. makes for a real short winter.

ill take some pictures and try to get them posted next week

have a safe weekend everyone

kendall

Comment

OK, here is my workshop. The pics were taken in a clockwise rotation starting in the back corner. The pictures finish up back there and the last pic is taken from the chair behind the table saw. The shop is 18ft wide by 29ft deep with a 9ft ceiling. There are speakers hanging from the ceiling in the front corners. The electronics are located just outside that door that leads to the main garage. I take a break when the cd ends or maybe switch to XM radio or back to cd's again.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well you have to complete the circle, so here are the rest of the pics.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Woodsman,
                              That is a nice sized shop very neat and you have excelent taste in tools.
                              I just took some pictures of my shop and they are a real reality check.
                              I really do have to clean up and re-arrange before I do any other projects.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Rolf; 01-07-2012, 07:32 PM.
                              Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X